Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Southern California

I used to be an avid crocheted, and even more so after I became disabled and had to retire from work. I have this little issue so that seems to prevent me from crocheting. My room is a mess and I cannot seem to get it clean because the pain is so severe and I can't stand crocheting with my house not in order. I am in so much pain that pain pills don't help very much I am trying to get a reasonably cheap secondary insurance so I can pay for the surgery I need. However at this particular point, I don't have a life lol. I sit in my room and read and play games on my phone and just generally try to hide from life I guess. I'm not asking for sympathy nor am I asking for anybody to fuss at me, I am just trying to explain what is going on currently. I know that many other people are in the same predicament that I am in and I want to know how they deal with the mess and still be able to crochet. I miss it so much and love keeping busy. So if any of you all have any suggestions I would surely appreciate them. Remember this isn't a pity party lol. I have pretty much learned to deal with that but I am impatiently waiting to have a hip replacement, but I am having trouble finding an affordable secondary as Medicare will only pay 80%. The surgeon won't even look at me until I have insurance. But I am looking and will hopefully find one before much longer since the pain is so very bad. If anybody else is sharing my problem I would love to hear from you all. I don't get out of the house much and all of my friends live hours away from me. So I would love to find some friends on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doileis. I wish you good health
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jody, Welcome to ct. Hope you can get back to crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Pa. good to have you with us. My husband had hip replacement couple of months ago and he made out real good. He still can't climb ladders or things like that. Before he had his hip done he had 2 kidney stones surgery. The good Lord brought him through in pretty good shape. Hope you soon can get help soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Crochet Talk! Nice to meet you!