Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Help with pattern and diagram

I have tried and tried to figure out the correct multip le but I am having trouble getting row 3 to work out correctly with the given instructions of multiples of 18 plus 2. I am short two stitches if I multiply by 18 X 8 plus 2 for total of 146. It is seeming more likely to use multiple of 36 plus 1. Which represents the entire third row pattern repeat, not just what the diagram says is the 18 stitch repeat, I think..

If anyone would take a look and maybe work up a swatch through row three, I would be over the moon grateful and happy. I have asked for help everywhere I could think of but no response yet.
    Thank you so much! !
    Attached Images Attached Images Help with pattern and diagram-screenshot_2016-01-06-08-06-21-jpg Help with pattern and diagram-screenshot_2016-01-06-08-06-28-jpg 
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Linda Maus; 01-08-2016 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Changed multiple of 37, to 36 plus 1

Post Thanks / Like

Help with pattern

Didn't look like the diagram and row three upload posted. So just in case here they are. my picot afghan 20033.pdfHelp with pattern and diagram-screenshot_2016-01-06-08-06-21-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately I am not English-speaking. May be I will find something in my language and can explain... not now
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

4. Thanks Linda Maus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I'm not sure what the problem is. Do you have your chain as long as you want and the stitches don't match?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes pattern states multiple of 18 plus 2. I did a "swatch "of 18 X 2 plus 2= 38. Which works. But when I do 18 X 8 plus 2 I come up short 2 stitches. I'm thinking that there u s an error in the instructions. Maybe I should try (again ugh!!) Multiple of 36 plus one so that it includes the entire pattern as indicated on row three in diagram. I don't know. Frustrating. I so want to do this though. It is so pretty and interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I understand a multiple of 18 plus 2 is 18 chains + 18 chains, etc. as wide as you want it but add 18 each time and then add 2. Let's say I want to chain 18 3 times = 54 chains plus 2 = 56. The plus 2 is so you have enough chains for your project.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    When you started crocheting on row 1 what chain number did you start on? I can't read your instructions. But it might be that simple? I know I'v messed up at that point. I get so excited to get started I just start. The cape I made for my friend I closed the hood like a cap like five times before someone asked me why.
    So can you get someone to listen to you read the direction? One of my friends has no idea what I'm saying but it helps. Heck I have read them to my bedroom mirror. Did you say the name of the pattern? Maybe I can see for myself. Don't stop. Think how pretty it will be when you finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    does 1dc/sc in next - mean to do 1 dc and then in the next stitch 1 sc across row? (just wondering)

Post Thanks / Like
    The pattern that Linda Maus has above says it's an afghan. The pattern directions are

Foundation Chain: Multiples of 18 + 2

Row 1: Skip 1ch, *1dc/sc in next, rep from*, turn.

Row 2: 1ch, * 1dc/sc into back loop only of next st;rep from*, turn.

Row 3: 1ch, * (is that a 1?) dc/sc into back loop only of next 3st, 2ch, skip(6 sts? or is that a 0 or a 5), work [ 1 tr/dc + 1ch] - 6 times in the same st, 1 tr/dc in the same st, 2ch. skip 6 st, 1dc/sc into back loop only of next 2st, rep from*, 1dc/sc into back loop only of last st, turn

Row 4: 1ch, * (is that a 1?) dc/sc into back loop only of next 2st, 2ch, work 1 puff st * 1ch in each space of 1ch below, 1ch, skip ( 1 or 7?) dc/sc below, 1dc/sc into back loop only of next dc/sc below;rep from* 1dc/sc into back loop only of last st, turn.