Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What are your Goals for the New Year 2016?

We have been blessed to enter this new year. 2016! With new beginnings, there are goals, resolutions and endeavors. By whatever name you may choose, what new plans or continuing pursuits do you have?

May this year bring you great prosperity and bountiful blessings.

Please share your hopes and dreams for 2016. And how you plan to achieve them! Also, plan to add to this thread as you deem necessary.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/442337994630677853/ I've made it my practice to not eat breakfast before church in the morning or before I read devotions in the morning and to read devotions before church
    and another goal is continue to take one day at a time and read more besides devotions. I'm also continuing to write along with my devotions what I'm thankful for and I might write 'Thank you Lord for the Holy Spirit in my life' or 'Thank you Lord for my husband and for our families' and a song from memory or something like 'Praise God' or 'Worship Him' or 'Pray' or whatever I'm led to write.

I also want to be closer to God.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 01-04-2016 at 07:08 AM.

4. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I cleaned the bathtub today and also the sink and counter in the bathroom , I wrote down that on the first Monday of each month would clean the bathtub, sink and counter and on the 2nd Monday of each month I would wash the sheets.

7. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I plan to get closer to God and make it a point to read a chapter from the bible everyday before I do anything.
    I plan to keep a journal for my prayers, people that need prayed for, write letters to God and to make lists of everything that I am thankful for and to write down all my dreams and mark them off every time God answers one.
    I plan to do more crafting and going to more craft shows this year and try new things. I also want to get the outside of my place looking really nice

9. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Goals for 2016...

I will continue to memorize scriptures, pray and read my Bible even more this year. I plan to continue to attend Prayer Meeting and Bible Study. Also, continue to attend weekly worship service for my spiritual growth. I want to continue to be an asset to the kingdom of God.

Continuing to LOVE my family and friends is a goal that I cherish. By being present in my thoughts, words and deeds is the way, I'll accomplish this goal.<3

At my home, I will continue to clean, organize and make repairs as needed. My home is a blessing to me. Donating to charities and others will be continued also. This year, I will invite others to join me for brunch/lunch in my home as I've done in the past.

I'll continue to use as much of my gift wraps, bags and boxes, crafting and art supplies as possible without buying more. A way to destash before buying more!

My cousins and I plan to continue our birthday luncheons. We go to different restaurants in surrounding cities.

Keeping a daily planner and making to-do lists will be continued. They help me to stay-on-task! What FUN I have decorating my planner. I just bought a new one for this year.

I will pursue my hobbies and the evidence will be the visible progress or the finished products. Exciting adventures ahead!

~With a grateful heart~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Since I cleaned the bathtub today and also the sink and counter in the bathroom , I wrote down that on the first Monday of each month would clean the bathtub, sink and counter and on the 2nd Monday of each month I would wash the sheets.
    I washed the sheets yesterday(Wednesday).

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I now live in a new state, my goal is to become more involved in different activities. I have already joined a small Presbyterian church which is totally different than the church I used to attend years ago (I am Catholic) and once I get to know more people, will become more involved in their projects. I also began volunteering at a thrift store that helps those affected with domestic violence, I am taking several workout classes a week as a start. Since I came to NC by all by myself not knowing a single person, I have also met a lot of new friends and developing new friendships. I will be working on my backyard more (landscaper did a great job on the big stuff that I couldn't do) but I like to plant veggies and flowers and adding bushes (though he said he would put those in). The end of 2015 was the beginning of a new life for me and I will continue my new journey in 2016. I will continue to add as I become more involved in my new life.

Roe

13. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am continuing to workout this year as I did last year. Toning and strengthing my body is my continued goal. I am limber and I move swiftly. And I have plenty of energy! Exercising truly makes a difference in my life.~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    As the newly elected 1st vice-president of the Lay Organization at church, I intend to work diligently to perform my duties and uplift the kingdom of God. I am excited about this new venture in my life!~Butterflyrose~