Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Hello

My Name is Wendy. Im new here. I have been crocheting for about maybe four to five years. I just can't get the hang of the ends on some of my afgans. They tend to keep growing on ends some and some they are perfect. Thats all I have tempted to do is afgans. I have never tried clothing or anything else. I have finished ten afgans and on my eleventh ( its been alittle bit difficult with the basketweaving and been trying to put it off at times). I have never tried crocheting outside but I think I am considering that one. I do love to read. I have envited Jesus Christ into my life. I have wonderful Christian family friends who got me thru so many difficult times. (one being losing my first husband at a very young age with young children). I have three children; two boys (13 yrs and 10 yrs) one daughter (8rs) one step daughter (7 yrs lives part-time). I am married again to a very wonderful man. and I have two dogs. So that sums my life pretty much. Oh I try to get crocheting in. I used to work but now stay home and you would think I would have more time but I don't know where it went to.
    I just wanted to text and just kept reading everybody elses wonderful texing and here I am. I guess I didn't know what to say or what anyone else would want to read about me.
    Last edited by wendye; 04-27-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wendy,

Welcome to the group! Thanks for sharing with us! Glad to here you are enjoying reading the forum threads. Keep us updated when you can about how your crocheting is coming along. We like to be inspired!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't always get to crochet. I am the one getting inspired by reading and seeing what everyone does on here. The beautiful work everyone talks about and shows just on here. My work doesn't (I feel can't compare to others) even though my kids love them and husband. I am not putting myself down cause I know I am blessed just being able to crochet and able to take patterns and able to crochet it. Just might need help with somethings thats all.

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

There is no need to put your self down. As children, we have to learn to stand then walk. When we were babies - we fell down and got back up until we perfected walking. The same goes for crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. You are very inspiring. That is soo true. Never thought about it that way either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Wendy! Welcome to this group. I am larisa. i make doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello larisa. Nice to meet you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Wendy! And welcome! If you put a small safety pin at the end of the row when you are making an afghan, you will always know where the last stitch is. This will help with your afghans from getting wider! I used to think my crocheting wasn't anything special! But a year ago I started my own business and now sell my things at Craft Fairs! I do simple things, dolls, toys, games nothing fancy! I will not become rich this way, but I do sell things! Just keep doing what you love to do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! Thank you Maryjane. Everyone has been so very warm and nice on this site. Makes me want to keep on coming back. I will give that safety pin a try on my next afghan and thank you for the great idea. I would love to sell my things but never have enough time to make alot of things or kids want afghans or afraid things will fall apart. Although it withstood my kids and thats saying alot. I do love crocheting so I will not stop even though sometimes I don't do everyday.