Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Banana spilt toddler dress

I desperately need some help with this pattern.

I have trouble with the wording after row 9.

If anyone has made this please mail me privately and I will explain my problem.

Thanks in advance

Cathrin24

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have this pattern, but this is the web address: Ravelry: Banana Split Baby Dress pattern by C. Strohmeyer It's $5.99
    If anyone can help her. It shows several pictures of the cute little dress.

Post Thanks / Like
    what don't you understand? rounds 10 and 11 you work the same: slip stitich in the next 2 dc, chain 1, skip the next 3 dc, then (dc, ch 1 in the same stitch as the 3 dc for 3 times. *do 5 dc in center dc of the next 5-dc group in prev. row, chain 1 skip next 3 dc, (dc, ch 1 again 3 times in next dc.) repeat from * around

OK, I remember I got confused too - when you get to the (dc, ch1 ) 3 times you do that in the ch 3 stitch - everything in between the * * you do to end of round. remembering when you do 5 dc in center of 5 dc group, chain 1, skip next 3 dc. (dc. ch 1 3times) - you do this all way around

Work up to the star, doing the (dc, ch 1) 3 times, then
    you have to follow each instruction and let it sink in , you will get it. Basically, you will:
    5 dc in center dc of next 5 dc group, ch 1 skip next 3 dc,
    dc, ch 1 dc, ch 1 dc ch 1, go back to * and start over
    (my home email is ruthsprowls@sccoast.net if you need further help.
    I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, that really helped! I wasn't sure if u put 3 dc into 1 stitch or spread them out and put 1 d c in each stitch. Thanks so much for explaining those rows to me. When u see so much pattern, it over whelmed me!

I put a picture on here, but unfortunately it went on upside down and my colour choice is mint green, not yellow so I can see how my dress looks.

Post Thanks / Like
    so glad I could help. I have that book of patterns and I have notes on that page, and I remember I also had problems. Anytime we do something that we haven't done before is confusing and overwhelming. Years ago I would have just said to heck with it and moved on to another pattern. Now you can feel good to have tackled a new design/stitch. I would love to see a photo of the dress when you have completed it. Are you using thread or yarn?

Post Thanks / Like
    For my dress I used something that is called baby luv, it's a very thin. I think the weight is a 3 but it's not a fingering weight?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know - google the yarn and see what manufacturer says - is it stated on label of skein?