Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Question Crocheting a rug from Herrschners

First off, hi everyone!! Nice place you have here. I may be spending lots of time on here!

But, my question.... I started working on a Picot Rug I ordered from Herrschners. I made it to rnd 8 without any problems. Round 7 started the picots. Rounds 8+ add on to rnd 7. My question, and confusion, does each picot work into the one before it? Hopefully I'm making some kind of sense to someone who has done this rug or knows of it. I'm tempted to call Customer Service tomorrow..... it's rather late tonight..... But I thought maybe there'll be a night owl on here tonight.

For now, I'm just adding each round of picots to the round before it, but it doesn't look quite right. Or, maybe it just me.

Thanks for your time! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. =)

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet only doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! I've crocheted a doily or two. Thoroughly enjoyed it! But for years I was hung up on granny squares..... all different sizes, from one giant square all the way down to little ones, and different sizes in between. Lol. Since I discovered Herrschners, I've expanded my horizons. Working on this rug right now. It looks really good, but not quite like the picture. But do they ever? =)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I cannot help you. I hope other members will see your message and help you.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, Gina, No help here either but welcome to the Forum. You'll like it here a lot.

Char

Post Thanks / Like
    GinaB hello, Im Susan2014 and a picot mmmm? I'd say above each but it does'nt look right you said. What does photo look like can you use a magnifier to see close. Seeing would help.
    and more info. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops, I'm so sorry. I finished the rug and it turned out to be a lot of fun! I didn't get a chance to take a picture, but I plan on making more. My family loved the one I made for my sister. I plan on switching it up a bit too. Instead of 3 strands of yarn one color, like the pattern calls for, I'm going to try 3 strands of different colors, like black, gray and purple for instance.
    Anyway, thanks for your time! And now I need to explore the rest of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck

A bobble is just 5 d c and then leaving the last stitch on.pull through all 5 to make a bobble. Secure with one sc or slip stitch!