Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Slipper Soles

Post Thanks / Like

Slipper Soles

I wanted to share an idea I have used for making slippers. I buy wet suit material ( 5 mm) in sheets and cut out the size of the slipper. After crocheting the slipper I use a D size hook to puncture through the wetsuit material and then insert the hook into a stitch on the outside bottom of the slipper, completing the stitch with a SC around the bottom edge of the slipper. The wet suit material acts as an insulator as well to keep feet warm. This material also works well for inside pot holders.

2. Thanks justplainjudy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a great idea! I bet you wouldn't have a problem with the sole slipping on the floor, either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they don't slip either. Wash well in the machine reg. cycle and dry med. heat. For children's slippers just use a thinner wetsuit material. You can put these soles on any slipper pattern after completing the slipper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Whiskers View Post
    Yes, they don't slip either. Wash well in the machine reg. cycle and dry med. heat. For children's slippers just use a thinner wetsuit material. You can put these soles on any slipper pattern after completing the slipper.
    cool idea, where do you purchase the material?

Post Thanks / Like

Slipper soles

Quote Originally Posted by NanaErnestine View Post
    cool idea, where do you purchase the material?
    There is a company in San Francisco ( we live in Oakland so it's not far from us) it is called Foam Order. They have a website Foamorder.com. I use the 5 mm thick for adult slippers and the 3 mm thick for kids and toddlers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Whiskers View Post
    There is a company in San Francisco ( we live in Oakland so it's not far from us) it is called Foam Order. They have a website Foamorder.com. I use the 5 mm thick for adult slippers and the 3 mm thick for kids and toddlers.
    Thank you for the link. I'm going over and check it out!!!