Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Newbie Here!

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie Here!

My name is Julie, actually, Julie Linn Sims. I have been crocheting since I was very young, but not faithfully until I quit smoking in 1999. I have been crazed since, there is no yarn or crochet related T-shirt I don't have or want!
    In almost exactly one month I will have been married 25 years...to my 2nd husband no less! We are parents and grandparents and have a very large family, mostly extended, but family none the less.

Because of arthritis, I have adapted everyway I can think of to be able to continue to crochet. My sister who is an expert at all crafts, said I needed to switch to knitting as she felt it was less tiring for her hands. I cannot knit. I have tried, she sat with me for 8 hours and I couldn't pick it up. Knitting does not speak to me. I don't know why but it just has always been crochet.

I am also a crochet snob, I get so tired of seeing patterns in magazine in hideous colors, sweaters that have to have the worst sleeves possible in design. I have never understood it. Especially if its a crochet magazine. I have had my own share of epic crochet fails, mostly the large crayon toy I made in for a little boy next door and it looked more like a piece of a man's anatomy. I just learned in the last few years how to stuff toys appropriately.

I have posted in the thread for looking for a pattern as that is how I found this site. I am not very good on forums, they get confusing to me, but I think maybe because this one is one based on my first craft love, I might be able to PLAY!

Thank you for allowing my registration!

JulieLinn

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum! I crochet doilies mostly filet things. Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

4. Thanks JulieLinn thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to meet you and you have here with us! May you be blessed and enjoy your stay here among crochet friends!

6. Thanks JulieLinn thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much! Im already wanting to know if one can upgrade to knock out ads, but I know thats probably gonna get me hate mail! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome JulieLinn, Nice to meet you. I crochet and Donate. On-line in exchanges & swaps of different things. Here you wil find good craftmenship from all. Im from Mpls, MN (Central) time Susan2014 ( fb---Susan M Jensen).

10. Thanks JulieLinn thanked for this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello JulieLinn! Welcome from Cincinnati, Ohio! We're glad you are here and hope you have fun looking around the site and meeting everyone.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

12. Thanks JulieLinn thanked for this post