Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Needing help with a pattern

Sigh.... I am working a new pattern for a wrap called Alpaca My Wrap and I thought I had in figured out but I am not happy with my interpretation. Here is the pattern:

Row 1(WS): Ch 76, dc in the 5th ch from the hook (counts as 1st st/dc2tog), ch 1, skip 2 ch, (dc, ch 3, dc) in next ch, ch 1, skip next ch, then dc2tog working the first half in the next ch, then skip 3 ch and working the second half in the next ch, *ch 1, skip 1 ch, (dc, ch 3, dc) in next ch, ch 1**, skip next ch, then dc2tog working the first half in the next ch, then skip 3 ch and working the second half in the next ch repeat from * finishing last repeat at ** with 4 ch remaining, skip next 2 ch, dc2tog in last 2 ch, turn.

It is really just Row 1 that concerns me. It reads that the repeat pattern does not include any "dc2tog working the first half in the next ch, then skip 3 ch and working the second half in the next ch" after the first 2 of them and I think it should have them throughout the row. What do you think?

Row 2(RS): Ch 5 (counts as dc and ch 2), skip ch sp, dc in the next st, 2 dc in the ch sp, dc in the next st, ch 2, *dc in the next st, ch 2, skip the ch sp, dc in the next st, 2 dc in the ch sp, dc in the next st, ch 2; repeat from * to end, skip last ch sp and dc in top of 1st st of last row, turn.

Row 3: Ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), dc in the 1st st, ch 1, skip the ch sp, dc2tog, working the first half in the next st, then skip 2 sts, then working the second half in the next st, ch 1. *(Dc, ch 3, dc) in the next st, ch 1, dc2tog, working the first half in the next st, then skip 2 sts, then working the second half in the next st, ch 1; repeat from * to end, skip last 2 chs and (dc, ch 1, dc) in top of ch-3, turn.

Row 4: Ch 3 (counts as dc), skip the ch sp, dc in the next st, ch 2, skip ch sp, dc in the next st, ch 2, skip the ch sp, *dc in the next st, 2 dc in the ch sp, dc in the next st, ch 2, skip the ch sp, dc in the next st, ch 2, skip the ch sp; repeat from * to end, skip next ch sp, dc in next st, skip last ch sp, dc in top of ch-3, turn.

Row 5: Ch 3, skip the 1st st, dc in next st, ch 1, skip ch sp (dc, ch 3, dc) in the next st, ch 1, *dc2tog, working the first half in the next st, then skip 2 sts, then working the second half in the next st, ch 1, (dc, ch 3, dc) in the next st, ch 1; repeat from * to end, skip ch sp, dc2tog in last 3 sts, turn.

Row 6 – 73: Repeat Rows 2-5.

Row 74: Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in next st and each st across; turn. (73 sts)

Row 75: Ch 1, sc in the 1st st, *ch 3, skip the next 2 sts, sc in the next st; repeat from * to end working last sc in top of ch-3, turn. (24 ch-3 loops)

Row 76: Ch 1, hdc in the 1st st, ch 1, *sc in the next ch-3 loop, ch 3; repeat from * to last loop, sc in the last loop, ch 1, hdc in the last st, turn. (23 ch-3 loops and 2 ch-1 loops)

Row 77: Ch 1, sc in 1st st, *ch 3, sc in the next ch-3 loop; repeat from * finishing last repeat with sc in last st of previous round, break yarn and finish off.

Row 78: Join yarn to foundation chain on RS, repeat Row 1 working st pattern into opposite side of foundation chain of like sts, turn. (So do not Ch 76, but join with a sl st in the base of the first st, ch 3, dc in the base of the next st, and continue according to the pattern).

Row 79 – 150: Repeat Rows 2-5.

Row 151 – 154: Repeat Rows 74-77, do not break yarn, turn.

Edging: Ch 1, sc in 1st st, *2 sc in the next ch-3 loop, sc in the next st, repeat from * to end of row, sc evenly along side of wrap to opposite end**, sc in the first st of Row 77; repeat from * ending at **, break yarn and seamless join to first st of edging. Wet and/or steam block to open up lace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I am not English speaking. I hope someone helps you
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Row 1(WS): Ch 76, dc in the 5th ch from the hook (counts as 1st st/dc2tog), ch 1, skip 2 ch, (dc, ch 3, dc) in next ch, ch 1, skip next ch, then dc2tog working the first half in the next ch, then skip 3 ch and working the second half in the next ch, *ch 1, skip 1 ch, (dc, ch 3, dc) in next ch, ch 1**, skip next ch, then dc2tog working the first half in the next ch, then skip 3 ch and working the second half in the next ch repeat from * finishing last repeat at ** with 4 ch remaining, skip next 2 ch, dc2tog in last 2 ch, turn.

How I interpret this:
    Begin the dc2together in the next chain, skip 3 chain, then complete the dc2together in the next chain. You will be skipping 3 chains in between the dc2together. Then work in pattern from * to *. Repeat from * to * across the row.
    On your our last repeat, stop at the **. You have 4 chains left. Skip 2 chains, and make a complete dc2together to end the row.

I hope I have helped you. fyi: I use a sticky note to cover up what I should not be looking at so I don't get confused.
    Last edited by crochetdiva; 11-13-2015 at 06:43 PM.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a picture of your pattern you can post?
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    See next post please
    Last edited by NancyMcQuade; 11-14-2015 at 09:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the link to the the stitch pattern

http://www.mooglyblog.com/wp-content...-Chart-PDF.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    I think then you are reading it differently than the way the pattern was actually written, as was I, and confirming how I (and you) think it should be done: [U]ch 1, skip 1 ch, (dc, ch 3, dc) in next ch, ch 1, skip next ch, then dc2tog working the first half in the next ch, then skip 3 ch and working the second half in the next ch/U] and this would be repeated throughout the row until there are 4 ch left?
    This is very complicated when I can't be sitting beside you watching! Even the video with this pattern confuses me!
    Nancy

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Nancy, I agree 100% with crochetdiva's interpretation. Do you have a link to the video tutorial for this pattern?

10. Thanks NancyMcQuade thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all so much! I feel less stupid than I did before I asked! The video is attached to the pattern which has the website:
    Alpaca Your Wrap: Free #Crochet Pattern on Moogly!
    That is also where the stitch pattern is.