Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Cool How to stiffen baskets I just made

Hi there could someone help with a way to stiffen six baskets I just made

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen 52 View Post
    Hi there could someone help with a way to stiffen six baskets I just made
    Hi Karen, what kind of yarn did you use? Cotton is most often used and I don't know how acrylics will turn out because I never could find any tutorials or info on anything made with acrylic or wool.

I have these youtube videos on how to stiffen using glue and water mix, sugar and water, or pre-made store bought liquid starch. These MIGHT help you but I'm not sure what you're working with

Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 11-12-2015 at 05:29 PM.

3. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The commercial stiffeners work pretty good, and I prefer Aleene's. But it really makes a difference depending on what you've made and out of what.

Post Thanks / Like

Stiffners for ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Hi Karen, what kind of yarn did you use? Cotton is most often used and I don't know how acrylics will turn out because I never could find any tutorials or info on anything made with acrylic or wool.

I have these youtube videos on how to stiffen using glue and water mix, sugar and water, or pre-made store bought liquid starch. These MIGHT help you but I'm not sure what you're working with

Hi Susan! I think you will recognize me from my name...redhead from CrochetTalk and my real name is Patty! I love your patterns and am glad you are posting them for us. I just now printed the pattern for the swiffer sweeper mop. I have one of those and it is the only way I can mop my kitchen floor because I can't get on my knees anymore...they hurt and I can't get up without crawling over to a chair to help me get up. AND the mop handles can be shortened to scrub the bath tub and changed for the other things I need to do around the house. The Swiffer is so light weight and regular mops are too heavy for me. Thanks for posting ! Patty

(I guess that is you in the Swiffer video and I don't recognize the gal in the other video. )
    Last edited by redhead; 11-13-2015 at 07:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Hi Susan! I think you will recognize me from my name...redhead from CrochetTalk and my real name is Patty! I love your patterns and am glad you are posting them for us. I just now printed the pattern for the swiffer sweeper mop. I have one of those and it is the only way I can mop my kitchen floor because I can't get on my knees anymore...they hurt and I can't get up without crawling over to a chair to help me get up. AND the mop handles can be shortened to scrub the bath tub and changed for the other things I need to do around the house. The Swiffer is so light weight and regular mops are too heavy for me. Thanks for posting ! Patty (I guess that is you in the Swiffer video and I don't recognize the gal in the other video. )
    Hi Patty, I don't know if you're talking to me or not, but since I posted the videos on here and you posted on here, I thought I'd tell you that all videos I post are other people. I've never done videos and don't have the equipment it takes to do them! I didn't write a swiffer refill pattern but it's easy and a good idea! There are videos on a few patterns but I've not seen them on Crochet Talk, altho I've been looking to see who posted it if there is one. I know who you are by both names, I'm the one who's been posting the decoupage and discussing other misc crafts with you this week! Have a great Friday and a nice relaxing weekend of crochet, that is what I'm gonna do! Susan / SusansSoulShines / Soulshine Creations By Susan