Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

My grand-daughter's bedspread

Here is what I have done on my grand-daughter's bedspread so far. I am not going to do anything else until it is finished! The 1st stack is the ones with the last 3 rows done and the 2nd one is the ones that I am adding the last 3 rows to. My grand-daughter's bedspread-001-jpgMy grand-daughter's bedspread-003-jpgI need to add a row of tan, green and then the last row is pink. Then I will put them together alternating the ones with the green row near the center of each block (the stack that is done). Alternating with the ones I am doing now. The difference is the 2nd row in the middle has pink in it where the first stack has a green row there.

And that bag you can just barely see(at the bottom) is the one I found at Hobby Lobby at half price and later I went in looking at the marked downs and there it was again marked down then to $7.95 . I think the original price was $29.95 and I believe I paid 12 something for it ) and there it was again and marked down again...I should have waited!!! It was the only one left. Any way I love mine and I probably didn't press harder for it to be returned and get it for the $7.95. ...Oh well sometimes I am not very smart I guess. I figured it was too late.

2. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very oretty, love the colors. She will love it!!! Now that I am in NC, I found a Hobby Lobby (passed it on my way to another store) but haven't gotten around to actually checking it out in person. We never had Hobby Lobby when I lived in NY. I may be in trouble though, AC Moore and Joanns are across the street from each other and Hobby Lobby is on the next main road. Oh no!!!

Roe

4. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty colors, I think she'll love it!!! And that bag, heck of a deal,even if it wasn't the absolute lowest price there, lol.

6. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How nice it is!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

8. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the colours. Can't wait to see it all put together....

10. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean20057 View Post
    Very pretty colors, I think she'll love it!!! And that bag, heck of a deal,even if it wasn't the absolute lowest price there, lol.
    Yeah! and I think I will keep my eye on that mark-down counter....they have some super stuff but usually I don't have the money in my pocket! Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    Very oretty, love the colors. She will love it!!! Now that I am in NC, I found a Hobby Lobby (passed it on my way to another store) but haven't gotten around to actually checking it out in person. We never had Hobby Lobby when I lived in NY. I may be in trouble though, AC Moore and Joanns are across the street from each other and Hobby Lobby is on the next main road. Oh no!!!

Roe
    HI ! we haven't talked in a while. How are you doing? Are you in the middle of any projects now? I hope you find a good bargain ... at BOTH ( that is all THREE stores and I know you will be hitting them all if you're like me! You never know when you will be back that way again!
    Love, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 11-08-2015 at 09:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Her bedspread is going to be very pretty

Post Thanks / Like
    What a wonderful gift this will be. She is going to love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty,
    Very pretty colors. Does your grand daughter know about this or is this a surprise gift? Just wondering how you put the squares together. You might've mentioned it before but refresh my memory. I think you said you use the whip stitch? I use the invisible join and sometimes can't find the piece of yarn in the stitch to join it together and so I take any piece of yarn to join it.

If you use the invisible stitch and the pieces you want to join are let's say green and you don't have any more green or just decide to use another color to join you can. You can join 2 pieces w/a different color and it won't show. If you have 2 green squares to join and you join it with another color( let's say white) then the white won't show. I guess that's why it's called invisible.

someone at church showed me how to do this.

Jean Marie♥