Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bebop Cardi

Post Thanks / Like

Bebop Cardi

Hello

Has anyone made this? I'm having trouble in the stitch count. I don't have enough stitches, I'm supposed to have 126 stitches, but I'm no where near that number, ihave only 82!

Could someone explain how you add the sleeves?

Thanks

Cat24

Post Thanks / Like
    This is copied from my reply to your other post about this cardi Cathrin:

Is it this one Cathrin? I didn't see a link on your post so I searched and found this.
    Ravelry: Bebop / Urban Girl Cropped Cardi pattern by Lion Brand Yarn
    written: http://www.lionbrand.com/printablePatterns/80023AD.pdf

IF it is, the sleeves, what they are of them, are worked into the yoke, it looks like one piece with 2 stitch patterns, the top stitch pattern and the bottom one, then you fold it and just leave open a space for the arms to go thru, sewing the rest up to be the sides. I see some people did add a real sleeve look to it by adding more rows to that area, but it seems as tho you can choose your sleeve length. Just like the adult cardis, and here is a pic of an adult size, made exactly the same way as the child size:
    https://thornberry.wordpress.com/201...5/bebop-cardi/
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 11-06-2015 at 09:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathrin24 View Post
    Hello

Has anyone made this? I'm having trouble in the stitch count. I don't have enough stitches, I'm supposed to have 126 stitches, but I'm no where near that number, ihave only 82!

Could someone explain how you add the sleeves?

Thanks

Cat24
    I can send a picture to u on your pm. I will then show u how mad it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will send a picture on your pm, then u will see how I made this.

I think u tart from the bottom and work the bobbles and d c. I wish the pattern would tell u how the sleeves are made

Post Thanks / Like

shrug sleeves

I will send a picture on your pm, then u will see how I made this.

I think u tart from the bottom and work the bobbles and d c. I wish the pattern would tell u how the sleeves are made
    Hey again! All sleeves on shrugs like that are basically only made if you add extra rows, otherwise there are no sleeves - only the yoke around the entire top. Did you see the Ravelry post I put in my other reply on here showing different people's versions of this piece? Most of them follow the pattern and have no sleeves, only the yoke and the bottom, and a couple added rows to make it have sleeves.

I'm saying shrug because I was helping someone with a shrug and I had the word shrug on the brain. Some call pieces like that cardi and some call them shrug, but they're either/or to me!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 11-06-2015 at 09:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bebop Cardi

Hey to you

This what I did. I did the bobble rows and then the dc rows. Then you add extra stitches to make the skirt part straighter. Then it tells you to leave the loop at the end of the row. You then get another ball and attach to the r s, right side so to me that's at the end of the row to the right. I made the smallest size, so I attach the yarn at the number 5 bobble stitch, then the 28 chains to make the sleeve and added the sleeve to the 7th bobble stitch and fastened off as it tells you to. Go to the 15 th bobble stitch and attach in that bobble and sl st. To the 17th bobble and fasten off. Go back to the dropped loop at the end of the row and start working across, but it doesn't say to include the sleeve or continue across until u get to the other end, Go back and start the other row, doesn't say to work across or start working the sleeve and at the same tin decrease the stitches .

So this is where I end up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey to you

This what I did. I did the bobble rows and then the dc rows. Then you add extra stitches to make the skirt part straighter. Then it tells you to leave the loop at the end of the row. You then get another ball and attach to the r s, right side so to me that's at the end of the row to the right. I made the smallest size, so I attach the yarn at the number 5 bobble stitch, then the 28 chains to make the sleeve and added the sleeve to the 7th bobble stitch and fastened off as it tells you to. Go to the 15 th bobble stitch and attach in that bobble and sl st. To the 17th bobble and fasten off. Go back to the dropped loop at the end of the row and start working across, but it doesn't say to include the sleeve or continue across until u get to the other end, Go back and start the other row, doesn't say to work across or start working the sleeve and at the same tin decrease the stitches .

So this is where I end up.
    Were we talking about the same pattern, because I never saw any instructions like this, lol! Send a pic so I can see when you're done, ok?!
    Ok, you're talking about the purple one on the LB pattern, I get it now! I see also that you want to add sleeves to it.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 11-06-2015 at 09:00 PM.