Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Slip stitch

Post Thanks / Like

Slip stitch

I am not new to crocheting but I am primarily an afghan/throw crocheter. I have been trying to make baby booties but I must be doing something wrong as they don't seem to be working. I believe I am slip stitching in the wrong place. Is it the rule that if that pattern doesn't state you always put the first stitch into the same stitch as your slip stitch? my number of stitches for the end of the round don't seem to be coming out right so obviously I am missing/adding a stitch some where. I have been trying for 3 weeks now and was hoping to have some made for a fundraise we are doing. Not sure I will make it this time a round. Thanks for your help.

Jody

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I hope someone will help you
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you post the pattern? That would make it easier for someone to help. imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bleudolphin View Post
    I am not new to crocheting but I am primarily an afghan/throw crocheter. I have been trying to make baby booties but I must be doing something wrong as they don't seem to be working. I believe I am slip stitching in the wrong place. Is it the rule that if that pattern doesn't state you always put the first stitch into the same stitch as your slip stitch? my number of stitches for the end of the round don't seem to be coming out right so obviously I am missing/adding a stitch some where. I have been trying for 3 weeks now and was hoping to have some made for a fundraise we are doing. Not sure I will make it this time a round. Thanks for your help.

Jody
    Hi Jody, No, it's not a 100% steadfast rule that you do that 1st st where you sl st, the pattern should have it in the notes or the pattern for you! If you can put a link to the pattern on here, some of us can look at it for you. Usually you can post a pattern if it's free, but I'm not sure about Crochet Talk's rule on that practice.

Barbara, the moderator of the site, can answer that, but if it's a free pattern you can post a link to the pattern on most sited. If it's not free, most sites will let you post a few lines of the pattern of the area you're having trouble in but legally you can't post a purchased pattern or link to one anywhere as far as I know.

You might just have to get someone to look at in in private messaging with you. I'll be glad to do that if you want to do t on here, it's up to you how you want to handle it! Susan

5. Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jody,
    I'm crocheting slippers for my husband and to start the pattern says to ch 5, join w/sl st and ch 3 in ea ch (15 sc) so I did the 1st sc in the same st as I sl stitched into.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not a free pattern. But your answers helped my figure it out. I was making and extra stitch at the end which was throwing everything off. I thought baby booties would be and easy thing to transition with boy was I wrong. It is a little frustrating. I purchased 4 patterns from 4 different designers. 2 of them the instructions were very clear with pictures one was marginal and the 4th I had to contact the designer because I believed something was missing. I was right, after she got back to me she had forgot part of the instructions for 1 round. I think I will stick with free patterns for now. Thanks for your help.

8. Likes little drummer liked this post