Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Crocheting when tired

Do you crochet when you're tired? I was tired enough to just go to bed but I wanted to get a little more crocheting done. Even if I can't think clearly because of being tired I crochet. When I crochet when I'm tired I might not be seeing straight either but still want to crochet. Can anyone relate?
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I am the same way Jean. Even when I was not feeling good I still crocheted. Sometimes I will even be up past my bedtime especially if I am really into it even though I am tired and want to go to sleep. I find there are times I just can't put it down.I even find myself dozing off with my crochet work in my hand. When I wake up I just start right back in sometimes unless it is getting too late then I will put it down and go to bed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I have that when I keep wanting to continue to crochet even when I'm tired. My husband and I were out last night and when we got back even though I was tired enough to just go to bed I wanted to get a little bit more crocheting done before heading to bed. A couple days ago I got a flu shot and a shingles vaccine and before he gave me the shots he asked what arm I wanted the shots in. I said left because I'm right handed and I wanted to crochet when I got back home.

4. Likes Victori1724 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still have to get my flu shot yet. Right now I am trying to get gifts done and also stuff done for an upcoming winter craft show. It will be the 14th of November so at least I have a little time yet. I did not know about it till a few days ago. My daughter is helping me so I am going to give her some of the money I get from selling things. So I am working on things even though I am tired and just hope that I don't mess up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes when I am working on a project I just want to get it done or see how much more I can do before I need to go to bed, I have been known to stay up into the wee hours getting things done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again, Jean Marie, Oh, yes, I do crochet when I am tired, but am usually sorry if it is a pattern that takes some concentration. The next morning I can see where I made some mistakes. So I try to keep something handy that doesn't take too much concentration that I can do when I want to crochet, but am too tired to really concentrate. Then, I go to bed and dream of crocheting!!! Shelah

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by little drummer View Post
    Sometimes when I am working on a project I just want to get it done or see how much more I can do before I need to go to bed, I have been known to stay up into the wee hours getting things done.
    Oh me too, when I'm into a project I stay up all night long and am hardly sleepy, then I'll sleep a few or maybe several hours the next morning, but I've been a night person all my life and when I was younger I didn't really need much sleep. I used to stay up all night reading or doing other crafts like cross stitch before I learned to crochet. Now one night of that is all I can do and it's really bad not to get plenty of sleep. Of course that doesn't stop me, but I don't get sleepy like 'normal' people, my head just hurts more and states feeling more weird, and I feel bad but don't even yawn! I never yawn.Oh well, we're addicted, what can we say??!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnetta View Post
    I still have to get my flu shot yet. Right now I am trying to get gifts done and also stuff done for an upcoming winter craft show. It will be the 14th of November so at least I have a little time yet. I did not know about it till a few days ago. My daughter is helping me so I am going to give her some of the money I get from selling things. So I am working on things even though I am tired and just hope that I don't mess up.
    What are you making sonnetta? it sounds fun to actually make money on our hobby!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Oh me too, when I'm into a project I stay up all night long and am hardly sleepy, then I'll sleep a few or maybe several hours the next morning, but I've been a night person all my life and when I was younger I didn't really need much sleep. I used to stay up all night reading or doing other crafts like cross stitch before I learned to crochet. Now one night of that is all I can do and it's really bad not to get plenty of sleep. Of course that doesn't stop me, but I don't get sleepy like 'normal' people, my head just hurts more and states feeling more weird, and I feel bad but don't even yawn! I never yawn.Oh well, we're addicted, what can we say??!
    Oh susan! isn't that the truth! My husband has to call and say come to bed and sometimes I am so tempted to say "not tonight!"

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm working on a poncho pattern and I've frogged the same 3 rows twice. I've just gotta get it right. I'm a night owl and after I get off Crochet Talk, I'm going to get these 3 rows right and then I'll got to sleep---really tired! lol
    ---HarriEtta