Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hey y'all!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Hey y'all!!!

Hey there!
    My name is Holly & I'm really looking forward to talking with you guys. I put some of this same info in my "about me" section, but I guess I'll post it here as well.

I have VERY basic knowledge on crocheting which I actually learned in a crocheting class that I took in the 7th grade. I enjoyed that class a lot & have tried to continue crocheting off and on over the years. Most things I try to make end up crooked or sized terribly wrong! haha I'm sure it would be laughable to a seasoned crocheter!

Once I tried to make a hat for my husband & it ended up being so tiny that it fit my newborn nephew!!! haha We ended up putting it on one of my nieces dolls. Later, I decided to try again! I tried to make a small hat for my 3 year old niece & THIS hat ended up being too big for my husband! haha (2 for 2! ugh!)

I would love to learn more and actually be able to make some cool stuff that I'm proud of! PLEASE HELP!!!

Can't wait to talk with some of you!

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Holly,

Nice to meet you and you have here with us! May you be blessed and enjoy your stay here among crochet friends!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Holly,
    Welcome. It might help if you follow a pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Holly, and welcome. I think you will like this web-site. It is a lot of fun getting to know one another and we even pray for each other when we find that someone is having a hard time with their life. Why don't you just start easy and try a few simple patterns for some squares, just a small project, and maybe you will really get better at it as time goes by. Do you know how to do the old popular Granny Square? You can go to YouTube and ask for a video to show you how to do some simple stitches. That way you can pause it and start it and pause it again when you are watching how they do it. Just take some yarn and a crochet hook to the computer and get started. One thing I learned on here but was so simple but easy and now I use it all the time. That is, instead of always chaining to form a circle, I now use the "magic circle" to start most projects. YouTube can show you that too. Also I learned how to thread a needle really easier than I had ever done before. Here is how :..take your yarn...double it and put it between your thumb and pointer finger where you can barely see the folded end of the yarn sticking up ..then take the needle and put the eye of the needle over the yarn ...squeeze your thumb and finger together on the yarn and push the needle's eye down over the folded yarn and then pull the yarn thru the eye. It really works and will work for threading smaller needle with thread too. But maybe you already knew that!!! Anyway here's a BIG WELCOME to you! Patty/redhead
    Last edited by redhead; 10-24-2015 at 01:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty,
    I fold the yarn over the needle and then pinch it w/my thumb and forefinger so I can thread the needle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Patty,
    I fold the yarn over the needle and then pinch it w/my thumb and forefinger so I can thread the needle.
    Yes you are right..I do that too...(I left that part out) .and then kinda raise the needle up a little as I squeeze the yarn tighter and pull the needle out and thread it. . I forgot to put that step in my instructions . Thanks Jean Marie...keep your eye on me because I need all the help I can get! Sometimes I forget some of the important part...Ha Ha Ha, Love ya, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Hi Holly, and welcome. I think you will like this web-site. It is a lot of fun getting to know one another and we even pray for each other when we find that someone is having a hard time with their life. Why don't you just start easy and try a few simple patterns for some squares, just a small project, and maybe you will really get better at it as time goes by. Do you know how to do the old popular Granny Square? You can go to YouTube and ask for a video to show you how to do some simple stitches. That way you can pause it and start it and pause it again when you are watching how they do it. Just take some yarn and a crochet hook to the computer and get started. One thing I learned on here but was so simple but easy and now I use it all the time. That is, instead of always chaining to form a circle, I now use the "magic circle" to start most projects. YouTube can show you that too. Also I learned how to thread a needle really easier than I had ever done before. Here is how :..take your yarn...double it and put it between your thumb and pointer finger where you can barely see the folded end of the yarn sticking up ..then take the needle and put the eye of the needle over the yarn ...squeeze your thumb and finger together on the yarn and push the needle's eye down over the folded yarn and then pull the yarn thru the eye. It really works and will work for threading smaller needle with thread too. But maybe you already knew that!!! Anyway here's a BIG WELCOME to you! Patty/redhead
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm excited to be a part! I can always use a few prayers too! You can never have too many of those.

I've actually just recently figured out how to make granny squares Hey y'all!!!-image-jpgHey y'all!!!-image-jpg& am working on what I'm hoping will be the beginnings of a blanket. Originally I planned on making a throw for the couch, but just recently found out that I'm pregnant! 😁 (shhh! No one knows yet! Haha) SO, now I would love for it to be a baby blanket! I'll try to post a picture of what I have so far if I can figure out how! I could use some advice on the best ways to sew the squares together!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am all giggles!!! Welcome to Crochet Talk. lmbo (laughing my butt off)
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way hahaHolly, you're granny squares look great!
    ---HarriEtta