Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

chergram - do you do thread crochet?

does any one here crochet with thread if so would like to hear from you and maybe exchange patterns thanks Chergram

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. I crochet with thread. I make doilies and filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like

Intro and offer to help .. I have a little experience

Good morning. I am a 67 year young man who was bed ridden until 13. I was taught to crochet as a way to occupy my time in bed at the age of about 6 and I continued crocheting for the next 61 odd years.

I am corrently making a king size bed spread out of #10 crochet cotton and am about about 30% done...expect to have it completed by next Memorable Day. I have made countless doilies, table cloths, and afghans. I also crocheted curtains for my entire home a few homes back which was for 19 windows. Last year about six of our friends were having either grand of great grand children and I must have made in excess of 60 sleepers, diaper covers, crib blankets and what I thought to be the most beautiful christening gown and hat sets out of white thread..stunning. With the advent of the internet, there are so many sites that offer free patterns both thread or yarn projects that it would be remarkable if you could not find a pattern that is exactly what you want to make.

If, I can help out in someway please let me know. I am going to try and attach a few pictures to show you some recent projects. I rarely attach pictures so If I mess this up forgive me.

John
    Bullhead City, AZ

[ATTACH]13842chergram - do you do thread crochet?-untitled-jpgchergram - do you do thread crochet?-untitled-jpgchergram - do you do thread crochet?-rose-window-1-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images chergram - do you do thread crochet?-bild0002-jpg chergram - do you do thread crochet?-bedspread-jpg chergram - do you do thread crochet?-table-cover-jpg chergram - do you do thread crochet?-currently-completed-jpg chergram - do you do thread crochet?-closeup-hex-pattern-jpg 
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

4. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really nice works!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

6. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi John, all of these are lovely but the stained glass table cover is my favorite!! Have a good day Winnie

Post Thanks / Like

jdgmar

Hi young man I apologize if I spelled name wrong. I am so impressed with your work. All are Beautiful. You have yrs to get this good and Talented you are. Glad to meet you. Thank you for sharing your work.

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the nice comments, I only wanted to offer to help chergram in case she needed something. I ewas certainly not expecting so many comments on my work.
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi those are so pretty I am only crocheting now with thread the yarn itiches me too much I am 84 year old woman but so far could only find and doily and coaster patterns someone has said you can do anything with thread that you can with yarn you can do that but does not look the same I would like to find something in thread besides doilies thanks for any help Evelyn Gainesvile Georgia

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello John,
    You are a VERY talented YOUNG man!! I say YOUNG because I am also 67!!! Thank you for sharing the photos of some of your work. I especially love the round table doily (photo #5). Can you tell me where I can find that pattern? Do you have a photo of the christening gown & hat you made? I would love to see that. Please share photos of your work with us. We all LOVE to see what each other makes.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a few links which I believe would be of interest to you. They have many patterns to choose from and should get you off to a good start!

http://www.myhq.com/public/c/r/crochetpoet/
    10 Best Crochet Blogs Worth Following | Knot Just Yarn Blog
    Free Pattern Index

I recommend spending sometime looking around the above links and when you find something interesting that you bookmark it and keep at it until you have several projects bookmarked. Then get pad and paper and write down the required materials to complete your top three items and go shopping. I like having materials on hand for many projects so if I become board or stumped I can set the project aside and go on to something else for awhile. I can not tell you how many times this little break provided the opportunity to come back to a troublesome article with fresh eyes that more often then not can figure out how to complete the difficult step.

If I can be of more assistance do not hesitate to give me a shout. All the best and keep on hook'en!
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ