Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

The squirrels are still trying

Hi, Yesterday we went up to the cottage and before we left we picked up some acorns that had fallen on the ground and put them in a bag. When we got home we left the bag outside and by this morning the squirrels already had found it. We put the acorns that were in the bag in a plastic bottle (you know the ones that you buy white grapefruit juice in) and put the cover on and my husband put a small hole on the side and hung it with a wire on a tree branch. They've tried a few times and this one squirrel climbed down the wire from the tree branch and got on the bottle and bit off some of the plastic to make the hole bigger. My husband saw another squirrel get on the bottle too to try and get the acorns. It's fun to watch them. I think their taking a break for now.
    Jean Marie

2. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My husband put the acorns in a different bottle so it doesn't have a hole for them to get the acorns.

Now my husband drilled a hole in each side of the plastic bottle.

It's Oct. 1. My husband had put more holes in the plastic bottle for the squirrels and he had a hole at the bottom of the bottle. The squirrels made a bigger hole and a few acorns fell out at a time as the squirrels would climb down the tree branch onto the bottle to get some acorns. This morning the squirrels were getting the acorns and now the bottle is empty.
    Jean Marie♥
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 10-01-2015 at 10:56 AM.

4. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aren't squirrels fun to watch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing this story. I enjoy watching the squirrels and their antics in my neighborhood during the fall.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!