Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Ada - Afghan with a little story

Ada - Afghan with a little story-baby-02-jpgAda - Afghan with a little story-dsc00030-jpg

I unpacked another carton full of yarn and crochet things - this afghan brings me memories too. It was in Chicago, first year of my living in states when my neighbor took me to Michaels for the first time. I have 20 dollars to spend on crafts, and my pain just started from the moment I entered store - I've been so overhelmed seen the ocean of beautiful things, just I want them buy all! For two hours I've been running all over the store like a chicken without the head, trying to stretch my 20 dollars savings, but I couldn't do it Finally, my painful decision came to buy a kit of below afghan and two crochet hooks (today wouldn't be enough to buy such).
    Since then, I saved every penny and every month I bought ONE thing from Michaels.
    Today, after many years of working two-three jobs, I-m able to be a bad girl spending a lot more than 20 dollars at Michaels - my little dream came true! . Happy Crocheting, Ada.
    Attached Images Attached Images Ada - Afghan with a little story-dsc00027-jpg 
    Last edited by AdaBusyBee; 09-23-2015 at 03:11 PM.

2. Thanks Nova55, missro007 thanked for this post
    Likes Lissacc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    what an amazing afghan! loved reading your story!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Donna, I have few thinds I keep to remin me how much better I am now then 30 years ago... Hugs! Ada.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are really beautiful thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you honeybun for a nice feedback, Hugs! Ada

Post Thanks / Like
    This is such a good story and I love the afghans you made. My story is the reverse of yours, kinda. Before my retirement money ran out I could buy most anything I wanted...but since it is all gone I have a real shortage of money to spend just on anything. At least I have several totes full of yarn and they are the big totes! I just saw the bag I bought on sale for $12.59 at Hobby Lobby is on sale now for $7.59! I saw 2 of them there! The same exact bag!! I should have waited I guess but at least I got one but I could have bought 2 and given one to my friend. Too Late!!! That's life I guess.
    I just finished 3 bedspreads for my grandsons and a pillow for one . Now I am working on the one for my granddaughter. I will post pictures later after I finish hers. XOXOXOXO Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Patty for a nice comment... I can't wait to see your bedspreads and pillow, Happy Crocheting! Ada.

Post Thanks / Like
    your afghans are very pretty

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Audrey, I appreciate your feedback,Hugs! Ada.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ada, what a sweet story. I love being reminded that we are strong women. You do amazing work, everything you make is just beautiful. It's nice to remember where we've been in the past, and how far we've come. I'm able to do that too. I spent 2 decades raising my 2 boys as a single mom, without their father and no family living in the area. Life was so tough back then, and I never had enough money. Today, I'm so blessed to have a good job and my financial situation is soooo much better.

Thanks for sharing the photos of your beautiful projects.

Hugs,
    Shelley