Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

working with a diferent type of Boucle

I said I'd get this Boucle to make some nice things for me, I wouldn't give up and I'm glad I got what I wanted! I've learned so far that there are at least 4 different kinds of Boucle, at least 4 that I've got. This is the 2nd kind, it's not as thick as the med blue I posted earlier, but much silkier and every bit as soft.
    It's very dark blue with highlights of a lighter blue all thru it that you probably can't see on camera, but it's really pretty. Right now I'm working on a piece using this kind of Boucle that isn't an infinity scarf. I've been making these since I have several cowls and I wanted some long infinities. I didn't use a pattern for it but am going to write it up as quickly as I can since I've got 4 patterns to write up. The writing is going along much faster than I thought it would, so it shouldn't be much longer and I'll be done with all of them.

This one has a lot of open spaces in it altho you'd never know it by the photo. I love it equally as much as I do that lighter blue one, it 'puddle's more since it's so much silkier. They're both great for jeans and really match almost anything. The 3rd and 4th Boucles I have are like this: one is recommended to us with a big hook, but I've had better luck using a smaller hook with it! It's crimped but has no bits & pieces of yarn across the strand. The 4th Boucle I have is wonderful, and I've been using it with a smaller hook, too. It will be good for pieces that call for sort or maybe DK. So, I'll be able to use them all now, which is great since they're soft, warm but not hot, and I have good bit of each... and while I like 4 ply worsted weight, and chunky to, I prefer to use fingering, sock/sport and DK lot more lately since they make crochet so much more beautiful!

working with a diferent type of Boucle-2-tone-blue-inf-boucle-jpg

working with a diferent type of Boucle-2-tone-infin-scrf-5-jpg

working with a diferent type of Boucle-boulce-dk-ble-wrapped-twice-jpg
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 09-23-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    can't wait for the pattern!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    I'm writing it up Donna since I've had a lot of requests, but I recently designed so many pieces that now the writing has to get caught up on! I'm humbled that people like my work this much I'll notify you as I get patterns written, and in fact I have the rough draft for this piece and the med blue already done, just need to make it read 'pretty' and convert them to pdf files and get posted.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 09-23-2015 at 09:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    I was determined to keep making more pieces using my various Boucle yarn, so here's the newest pattern I came up with last night. It's a front and / or side worn V shaped sort of bohemian cowl with fringe added close to the lower part of the V, and it buttons in the back of the V shape.

Stylish without being too big, it's a good accessory piece for any outfit - who needs a necklace with this on?! It can keep your neck warm outside with a low cut top or you can leave it on all night, either way it's easy to remove! Patterns are on the way, and I have 5 to write but things are moving along fairly smoothly!

working with a diferent type of Boucle-vscargf-button-1-jpg

working with a diferent type of Boucle-vscargf-button-5-jpg

working with a diferent type of Boucle-vscargf-button-4-jpg

working with a diferent type of Boucle-vscarfwith-fringe-2-jpg
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 09-23-2015 at 09:57 PM.