Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

I got lucky with Boucle!

Somewhere we were all discussing how hard Boucle was to work with. Well, I have a good bit of it so I hoped I could use it somehow, and one I have might have to be hand knitted because I've tried ALmost everything else, I have one more idea - I have a HUGE ball of that yellow so I'm going to try it!
    Next, I got out the med denim looking blue and tried some hooks and stitches, and finally came up with this, and I LOVE it! It was not bad at all to work with, it's SUPER soft and I did rectangular open blocks like in filet. In fact, I'm working the filet stitch on the navy I have with lowlights of a lighter blue in it, it's beautiful!! So now I have one of my favorite long cowl ever, it's very lightweight and feels like I'm wearing a cloud! I'm glad I'm hard headed and didn't give up on it!!

I got lucky with Boucle!-boucle-cowl-3-jpg

I got lucky with Boucle!-boucle-cowl-14-ok-jpg

I got lucky with Boucle!-boucle-cowl-12-jpg

2. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You sure did get lucky with Boucle yarn, I love your infinity scarf! It's gorgeous and the color looks fantastic on you. I've found that I have big issues using Boucle yarn with a smaller size hook. A big hook works much better. But it's difficult for me to use a big hook because I hold my hook like a pencil. It's almost impossible for me to use a large size hook.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    You sure did get lucky with Boucle yarn, I love your infinity scarf! It's gorgeous and the color looks fantastic on you. I've found that I have big issues using Boucle yarn with a smaller size hook. A big hook works much better. But it's difficult for me to use a big hook because I hold my hook like a pencil. It's almost impossible for me to use a large size hook.

Shelley
    Thx Shelley! I was amazed at how I was able to finish this in several hours. It's the softest piece I've got so far, and I've got some pretty soft ones, but this next one is even softer just not quite as thick. I used only a K hook on this first one, and on the next one I mentioned in my other post. There's not a lot of lee-way with this darn stuff! I can't imagine what a top would feel out of it, I might try a filet st front and back panel top!!!I hold my hook in a knife grip. There's a pretty pale yellow Boulce I have that won't work at all with big hooks so I'm going to try a smaller hook next , if that doesn't work, I'm going with hand knitting for that huge ball!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 09-21-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've found that when I use Boucle yarn, I have to concentrate on crocheting very loosely. If I don't, the yarn splits and gets hung up on itself. But I love the outcome and the way that Boucle yarn is soooo soft. It's interesting that you used a size K hook. That's about the largest size hook I can handle. I have used the chunkier yarn in the past with a size Q hook, and I was able to hold my hook like a knife. But it was so awkward for me. I guess I just need to practice holding my hook like that. There are so many pretty chunky yarns out there that would make wonderful projects.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty color. I don't think it is to hard to work with

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AudreyL View Post
    Very pretty color. I don't think it is to hard to work with
    I think a lot of of it is unless you have the right stitches and hooks, and can feel the stitches with your finger! There are several kinds of Boucle though, I didn't know that before, and I have 4 different kinds, 2 of mine I haven't even worked with yet, but I will soon.