Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Hello

I'm a new member and wanted to say "Hi". I hope to learn more on crocheting as I'm just a beginner. Thank you for allowing me to join.

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

crocheted multi-colored bedspread

Hello-012-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by joodila68 View Post
    I'm a new member and wanted to say "Hi". I hope to learn more on crocheting as I'm just a beginner. Thank you for allowing me to join.
    Hi joodila68! I am catching up again on the posts. Welcome to Crochettalk and I hope you like us enough to stay around for a while. When you get used to us we would like to see your projects. We always enjoy looking at the pictures forum to see what others are doing with their crafts. I guess you would say I am a muli-crafter because I love crocheting but also a lot of other crafts. I am in the middle of crocheting bedspreads for 3 of my grandsons (finished) and my granddaughter. I am now working on the one for my granddaughter. I made the boys' with camoflague yarn and the granddaughter's is being crocheted with pink camo for girls. I love it and it will be pretty when done. Then I will post a picture of hers. I have posted some of the ones I made for the boys. I think you will be able to learn a lot from us! We love to have fun on here too and we also pray for one another. PS I will try to post a crocheted bedspread for my bed if I can find it in my pictures folder.
    XOXOXOXO, redhead/Patty

Yay!! I found it! This is a bedspread I crocheted and I entered it in the County Fair the year I finished it and got a ribbon on it. Actually I took home 13 ribbons that year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you on site with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Joodila! Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Hello-012-jpg

Hi joodila68! I am catching up again on the posts. Welcome to Crochettalk and I hope you like us enough to stay around for a while. When you get used to us we would like to see your projects. We always enjoy looking at the pictures forum to see what others are doing with their crafts. I guess you would say I am a muli-crafter because I love crocheting but also a lot of other crafts. I am in the middle of crocheting bedspreads for 3 of my grandsons (finished) and my granddaughter. I am now working on the one for my granddaughter. I made the boys' with camoflague yarn and the granddaughter's is being crocheted with pink camo for girls. I love it and it will be pretty when done. Then I will post a picture of hers. I have posted some of the ones I made for the boys. I think you will be able to learn a lot from us! We love to have fun on here too and we also pray for one another. PS I will try to post a crocheted bedspread for my bed if I can find it in my pictures folder.
    XOXOXOXO, redhead/Patty

Yay!! I found it! This is a bedspread I crocheted and I entered it in the County Fair the year I finished it and got a ribbon on it. Actually I took home 13 ribbons that year.
    WOW! Very Nice Patty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Joodila68,
    Welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    single crochet (sc) - yarn through 2 loops once
    double crochet (dc) - yarn through 2 loops twice
    triple or treble crochet (tr) - yarn through 2 loops 3 times

sc - ch1 at end of row
    hdc (half double crochet) - ch 2 at end of row
    dc - ch 3 at end of row
    tr - ch 4 at end of row

If you ch 2 for dc you will have a straighter edge

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Hello-012-jpg

XOXOXOXO, redhead/Patty

Hi Patty,
    Is this bedspread quilted?