Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Howdy.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Howdy.

Hello! I'm Valerie from Ohio. I am very new to Crochet, so new in fact, that I don't even have hooks or anything yet!
    I won't be able to purchase anything until the end of the month (sadly) so I will be using this time to educate myself as much as possible by watching videos, reading tutorials, asking questions (where needed) and finding very easy patterns so I can start right away.

I first started thinking about taking up Crocheting a couple years ago but was trying to decide between one hobby out of crocheting, knitting and sewing. Life got in the way and I didn't manage to get to any of them. Hopefully now is the time though!

I also hope to make loads of friends here with this shared passion of ours.

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Valerie! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    ValerieAnne, Welcome. Where do you live? I have loads of extra hooks and will be glad to send you some. I live North of San Antonio in Texas. I am needing to clean out my cupboard and that is something that has to go. Also I have a lot of knitting needles. My mother and sister did some knitting, and when they died I got all the yarn and needles. My daughters are looking for an assisted living place and I will not be able to keep much.You can go into personals and leave me a phone number or an address. Margaret.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you here with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Welcome Valerie! When you get the yarn, get yarn so you can see the stitches. Not one that's like feathers, or something where you can't see what you're doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Valerie, WELCOME to "Crochet Talk". I really think you are going to enjoy this website! Everyone here are extremely warm & welcoming & also helpful! Hugs, Scooters)