Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

desk and chair make-over

Here is a desk, mirror and stool that I painted quite a while ago. I thought I would give it to my 7 yr-old GD since she now has her own room. It was meant to be a keepsake for her to remember me by but it is now painted white. I was so disappointed when I saw it. My grandma gave me her birthstone ring because our birthdays were the same month just a few days apart. I was her 1st grandchild by 2 months. I was a teen-ager when she gave me her ring and like most teens it wasn't very important to me at the time. Most young people don't get it. The older generation loves to think they will be remembered when they are gone. I was one of those silly teens. Over the years that ring has disappeared and I don't know where it went. My grandmother is gone and I wish I had her ring. She lived to be 100 years old and even got a letter from the president when she turned 100 years old. The presidents used to do that but not anymore.
    Mom lived to be 89 when she passed and may have lived longer except for cancer of the lungs which took her life. I do have longevity on my side I think. Mom was the oldest of 5 children and was the last of her family to pass away. I have only 5 more years to live as long as she did. So far all of my children are living and that is a blessing!
    I guess that is enough rambling so I will say bye for now and see ya'all later. Love and have a blessed day, Pattydesk and chair make-over-001-jpg

2. Likes Victori1724 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    what a shame to paint that lovely set all white!

Post Thanks / Like
    That table was beautiful as you painted it, "REDHEAD" ........ I know what you say about how the younger generation doesn't seem to get IT, until it's too late. You are amazing to have been able to produce such a lovely piece. Your GD may not give a while lot of thought to the table, but she will always remember how you loved her and how talented you were.....