Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie from Central PA

Howdy! I'm just getting back into crochet after many years. On my third week of smoking cessation and the crocheting has really helped. I have made six hats that could be used as "fancy" chemo caps. They are not just skull caps, but more whimsical--like cloches and bucket hats. They are in cotton yarn for summer wear. I guess I'll call the local hospital and see where I can donate them. Have any of you "happy hookers" had any experience with chemo caps?

Thanks!
    ETP

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Elaine,

Welcome to the group! It is great to have you on board! We do have multiple members who do chemo hats. They check in to the forums at different times. Hope you enjoy the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Elaine...welcome to the group! I have cancer but in remission right now..I lost my hair last year..it's grown back now..I believe people just donate them to oncology @ the hospital..they had a huge box of hats there to choose from..

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to have you join us. what do you like to crochet and how long have you been at it? Have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! And welcome! Congradulations on your smoking cessation! I quit over 20 years ago now! And it was one of the hardest things I've had to do! I know how you're about now! Good luck! It's nice that you found a way to deal with it and help other people out at the same time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the feedback!! MJ I love Upstate NY. Lived 12 years in Rochester would go back in a heartbeat. Liberty, I am doing hats right now. My gram taught me to crochet and I've been doing it on and off for MANY years. Through HeadHuggers I found a local group right here in Happy Valley!! I will take over a batch of hats this week,

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Elaine. Welcome jere I am Larisa from Europe. have a good day