Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers needed for husband

My husband was found to have a stone blocking his kidney and the kidney is not functioning. The stone is too large for him to pass and will need to be removed by surgery. He was scheduled to have surgery tomorrow, but his surgeon underwent emergency surgery so they are not able to do his surgery tomorrow and the urology department can not accommodate him in our local hospital. They are working on scheduling him in another hospital with a urologist that can do the surgery. Sounds like he will need two surgeries, one to put in a stent and drain the kidney and another surgery to remove the stone. We are hoping that after they drain the kidney that it will start working again. They also found some atypical cells and there is a concern for cancer. This makes me extremely anxious and I am very worried. It seems the unknown is quite frightening. We are currently waiting for a phone call to let us know where and when he will need to go for these procedures. Please pray for us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Little drummer--I understand having had similar experiences in my family. Prayers for a good doctor--recovery. And peace and strength for your husband and you. Hang in there

3. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    on my prayer list.

5. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for your prayers and words. It means so much to know that my friends on crochet talk are there for me. I have been on the phone all day trying to get everything lined up. Seems like an eternity. My husband is scheduled for 9:30 tomorrow morning to see a new urologist. We need to drive 2 1/2 hours to get to this clinic and he is tentatively scheduled for surgery...depending on the schedule could be tomorrow or Thursday. Not sure right now. It turns out that he has multiple stones in the left kidney and 3 in the right kidney in addition to the one blocking his kidney. There appears to be a cyst on the kidney as well. Appreciate all the prayers we can get. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    O my gosh little drummer. He must be in so much pain. Lord, please be with little drummer and her husband. I pray the surgeons will be able to get the kidney stones out and the one blocking his kidney and that they would be able to get the cyst out as well. Thank You!! Amen.

8. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Praying for a safe trip and he can have surgery. Your doing a good job. I know doing the calling is a hard job and takes alot out of you. Hang in there.

10. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sending out prayers of healing and peace, for both you and your hubby. I've had many many kidney stones since I was 17, for the past 35 years. I've had surgery twice to remove large stones that got stuck in the ureter. Both times, I had a stint that stayed in for several days. Kidney stones are EXTREMELY PAINFUL!!!!! Right now, both of my kidneys are full of stones. I feel like I'm walking around with a time bomb just ready to go off.

My heart goes out to your hubby, I know the kind of pain he's in, and it's just awful.

I pray that his new doctor will be able to easily remove the stones, that his kidney will start functioning like it should, and that everything else will be just fine.

Hugs to you both,
    Shelley

12. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for your concern. I feel like I can breathe a little easier now. We met with the specialty urology surgeon yesterday and he was able to answer all of our questions. Surgery was scheduled for Monday. My husband needed to have more lab work, EKG etc done today and another Preo-op work up done today since he will be going to another hospital. So back to the DR. again today. My husband is getting tired of all this doctoring. He is not a real patient man and just wants this done. My husband also broke out in a rash and hives from the CT scan IV dye so he is really miserable. We are doing Benadryl, cortisone cream and oatmeal baths (Aveeno). The baths seem to really help. The doctor did call in a prescription that is supposed to be better than Benadryl and it has seemed to help.
    One of our dear friends just passed away yesterday from KIDNEY CANCER. I think this is what has made us so uneasy. We are hopeful though as the doctor said we have a very good chance of his kidney regaining function after the surgery and that the atypical cells are probably due to his kidney. I am thinking that GOD has been wrapping his arms around us and steering us to where we need to be. Not that I wished his first urologist to have emergency surgery, however, this sent us to the Urology specialty clinic several miles away. I feel good about his appointment and will be glad when Monday comes and everything is over. Thanks again for all the love and support! (((HUGS TO YOU ALL))))

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Little Drummer, I'm sorry I am just seeing this I will definitely pray for you and your husband. I pray the kidney will function properly after the surgery and there will be no cancer found this is a tough situation to be in but you and your husband will make all of your friends here at CT will pray you through this and there is nothing our God can't do. Love and hugs Winnie

15. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Little drummer, I just saw this post. So sorry for you and your hubby. I will say a prayer for healing and protection over you both. Hang in there and rely on God's strength. Take care of yourself too. Hugs and prayers being sent your way!!! Linda

17. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post