Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

one of the big squares that I did

I put this square on a pillow we have. After I made the square I did the afghan stitch which made it stretchy.

front one of the big squares that I did-square-crocheted-001-jpg
    back one of the big squares that I did-square-crocheted-002-jpg

for the square I used a size 'p' crochet hook.
    the afghan stitch was done w/a long crochet hook.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 09-06-2015 at 05:41 PM.

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This Pillow is just Beautiful, square is lovely and I Love the Photo. Yu are getting a lot done. Such a nice Job.

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful pillow cover, Jean Marie, I love it. I especially really love the color. Great work!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Thanks Shelley and Susan. Good Morning. When I made it I wasn't trying to crochet a pillow cover I was just crocheting a big square and then decided to crochet the afghan stitch which made it pull tighter and so I tried to make the afghan stitch a little looser and it still stretched and I just decided to put it on a pillow. It is a pretty square but not my favorite pattern. If you look at my post 'a flower square and other squares for exchange squares'(or something like that) you'll see a 6 inch square w/the same pattern.
    Jean Marie♥ Hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, Your new crocheted pillow cover is beautiful. The color is awesome! Scooters

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Scooters

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't corresponded in awhile and I have missed you. What have you been up to? I'm getting ready to start a new baby boy afghan for my upcoming grandnephew. I'm still at a generally low level of crocheting (in my opinion) but, I'm sure enjoying my friends that have followed me, like you, during my journey. You are a cutie pie! God Bless You Jean Marie, Scooters/Suzanne

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Thank You Scooters. I'm crocheting some big squares. I told Doris(my Dad's companion) that she could have one so she picked one out and put it on the back of her chair and she really likes it and she said someone else said she liked it too. I wasn't sure what to do w/the big squares. I thought of making it into sweaters or maybe they could be used for table center pieces. I thought of maybe putting them together but one of them is round and maybe putting them in the mission box but what would they be? And Mandy suggested they could be used to put on the back of a couch. Doris thought they could be used for old peoples homes to put on their lap. I asked her if she meant lap blankets and she said she did. My Dad suggested I make baby blankets for hospitals then I would have a reason to crochet. I also have more 6 inch squares to make.

Jean Marie

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,

Your pillow cover is very pretty and I like the color you chose!! Nice pattern!

I received your PM and tried to reply to you, but your message box is full. I'll let you know when I receive your square. I will be mailing mine out either today or tomorrow.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, Lap robes would be the perfect solution. I say, go for it! Scooters