Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

not understanding pattern

Hi, I'm starting to crochet the mood blanket 2014 - June square - by Pukado and I don't understand how when you have 12 sts on the 1st rnd. how you can get 24 sts. on rnd. 2 unless you crochet 2 in each st. i don't understand rnd. 3 either
    Pukado By Patricia Stuart: Crochet Mood Blanket 2014 - June Square - by Pukado Free Pattern

Post Thanks / Like
    R2: The popcorn st counts as 1 st and the ch1 counts as 1 st =2 sts, repeat in ea st around that should give you 24 sts. Rnd 3: the pictures show just how to do (dc in ch1 sp, tr around post of DC in R1) hope this helps..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sharon,
    Looking at the pictures the 1st one says half dc - 1/2 of a dc right?(I ch2 and did a dc) the next pic has 4 loops on hook before pulling through the dc in 1st row and then after they do 1/2 of the tr they have 3 loops on hook. how does that work? I have a loop on the hook, wrap the yarn around twice, insert hook in dc loop and pull up another loop - thus 4 loops on hook but they have 4 loops on hook before pulling through the dc post and how many in the dc cluster?
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Sharon,
    Looking at the pictures the 1st one says half dc - 1/2 of a dc right?(I ch2 and did a dc) the next pic has 4 loops on hook before pulling through the dc in 1st row and then after they do 1/2 of the tr they have 3 loops on hook. how does that work? I have a loop on the hook, wrap the yarn around twice, insert hook in dc loop and pull up another loop - thus 4 loops on hook but they have 4 loops on hook before pulling through the dc post and how many in the dc cluster?
    Jean Marie
    R3: *(DC TR, DC cluster), Ch2*.....*.(working in ch1 sp )You have loop on hook, wrap as doing a dc pull thru 2 loops(that's the hdc),holding the last loop , now you have 2 loops on hook. now wrap, for a tr , insert hook around dc(in R1) pull up loop, go thru 2, go thru 2 (4 loops on hook), wrap for dc and work in same ch1 sp pull up loop and draw thru 2 loops, now you have 4 loops on hook wrap and pull thru all 4 loop (cluster made) ch2 *. I hope this is clear.. I typed as I did each st. It is really just holding back the last loop on ea st, then pulling thru all loops on hook. I think her hdc was throwing you off!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Sharon. I'll let you know if I have any more questions. Jean Marie