Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally used 1 of my 2 skeins of R.H. I won last month

Hi all, I posted a few pics under Shelley's thread about what are we working on, yall might want to check out the posts there if you haven't already.

I won 2 R.H. yarns last month, a tote bag and a row counter. The yarns are from the Boutique line. a 5ply soft Infinity and 6 ply Twilight. They're not really thick chunky but they're not 4ply worsted weight either. I haven't used the Twilight yet, but I've seen the pattern that someone did and I'm going to make hers since everyone else has made the one on the skein of yarn so far but her.

I tried stitch after stitch on the Infinity skein but couldn't find anything I like, so finally I came upon a look similar to one I've seen before and designed one last week, just wrote the pattern this weekend. It was a little hard one to write, it's not always easy writing out actions for people to take to make something, I'd rather just show them but I don't do videos! The color changing purples are beautiful and there's a metallic purple and metallic silvery-white threads running thru the skein too. Here is my cowl, I used the whole skein, 129 yds, to get this length with stitches that use a lot of yarn to make each one.

I made it a paid pattern because I've got so many free ones already and all designers sell a lot of their patterns on Etsy, Ravelry and Craftsy. I don't sell on Etsy though, altho I might one day. I truly need some $$ too - who doesn't, right?! And when it takes you so long to find a stitch pattern, crochet a piece, write it down and post it in stores, you feel you have the right to ask a little for it. Paypal takes out their part and I get to keep a little, so I don't make much, but my Picot Poncho pattern has sold well, so that's nice! As many of yall know, I've been taking Craftsy classes and advancing my crochet abilities. I frogged the ribbing on my 1st top and need to get back on it asap! BUT since ribbing is nearly impossible to do, I got aggravated with the piece and decided to attack that new yarn and then get back to the top.
    So, I hope you like this, I'm very pleased with the outcome! Susan (SSS)

Finally used 1 of my 2 skeins of R.H. I won last month-wearpri3-jpg

Finally used 1 of my 2 skeins of R.H. I won last month-wearpri5-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Finally used 1 of my 2 skeins of R.H. I won last month-deep2-jpg Finally used 1 of my 2 skeins of R.H. I won last month-mixpri1-jpg 
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 08-27-2015 at 04:02 PM.

2. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Gorgeous, Susan. I love that cowell and the yarn. You used it in exactly the right way. Very pretty. Great job. I think I'll order a couple of skeins and make a Christmas present while I'm stuck with my foot up in the air recuperating from my ankle replacement! LOL!

Hugs,
    Judy

Post Thanks / Like
    It's so beautiful, Susan, I'm loving it! You really do beautiful work and the yarn colors are wonderful. It amazes me the awesome crochet projects people make, who are self-taught. Great job!

Hugs,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful work! whoever gets that scarf will be one lucky person!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Susan. Keep it up!!!
    Betty Lynn

Post Thanks / Like

thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    It's so beautiful, Susan, I'm loving it! You really do beautiful work and the yarn colors are wonderful. It amazes me the awesome crochet projects people make, who are self-taught. Great job!

Hugs,
    Shelley

Thank you so much Shelley, you always flatter people so kindly! It really was a hard one to come up with a design for and then to write it so ppl can understand it in crochet lingo!

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice1953 View Post
    Very nice Susan. Keep it up!!!
    Betty Lynn

Thx Betty Lynn, how nice of you!!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 08-28-2015 at 11:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    Wonderful work! whoever gets that scarf will be one lucky person!
    Thx Donna, gotta tell you, as hard and as long as that one was to produce from start to complete, that lucky person is me - that baby is mine! My husband likes me in jewel tones with my dark hair, and he said the purple looked great on me, soooo, a girl's gotta love that husband's opinion! I do have a top that it goes very well with. There are some things I just can't part with, lol! I've doing some great donations tho, I'd never be able to live with myself having warm pieces and knowing others might be freezing, plus some ladies and girls can't afford any warm fashion pieces at all, neither can I, but crochet allows me to have some so I share the wealth!! I do headbands, gloves, caps, all kinds of scarves (cowl, infinity, long, short collar) and wash cloths to donate. It makes me so happy to know that I can give someone a nice thing that they otherwise wouldn't have, it makes me cry to think how I know we suffer financially due to my disabilities, but to know how much worse others suffer is horrible. Many people are "JUST THIS FAR" from being homeless, jobless, out of $$$, etc. I never forgot that all my life, and I feel some don't realize how true it is.

10. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Thank you so much Shelley, you always flatter people so kindly! It really was a hard one to come up with a design for and then to write it so ppl can understand it in crochet lingo!
    You're so welcome, Susan! I'm blessed to call you my friend. I'm just amazed at what a fantastic artist you are, you make so many beautiful projects and write wonderful patterns, too. I promise, one of these days when I'm in your neck of the woods, I'm going to come and see you. I know we'd have a nice afternoon chatting it up and just being together.

Hugs,
    Shelley