Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a good number of tomatoes out of our garden this year. I have never thought about making tomato jam. Nice idea!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried some this morning on toast and it seems a a little thin. It tastes good though. There are other tomato jam recipes and I remember last year I made tomato jam with pear tomatoes. I didn't care much for pear tomatoes but I liked the pear tomato jam.

I also made some tomato pie. I used a different recipe. It's not like the one I had made but still good. It has a crust on the bottom (the crust doesn't seem to be done) The recipe said to bake the crust 1st and then put the tomatoes, etc. in and then bake it for half an hour. I think the other one was better but it takes longer to make from what I remember. This one was just tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil, cheese and mayonnaise. The other tomato pie (the one I made before that I think is better) also had onion and bacon in it. It had a bottom and top crust and you don't bake it until after you fill the crust w/tomatoes, etc. and put on a top crust.

I know there are also crustless tomato pies ( which I might've tried before)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie Trace and I made tomato jam from red and yellow tomatoes both were really good. I hadn't had tomato jam for years. My mom and grandma always made them. Take care love Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Tomato jam and pie sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing Jean Marie!(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Your Welcome Beverly

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, thanks for the recipe! I've never heard of tomato jam. Sounds yummy. Heard of tomato pie but never tried it. Are the pies made with ripe or green tomatoes? I can't handle green tomatoes. Too much bitter taste or something. I'm tempted to try making zucchini relish or zucchini sweet pickles. My sister brought me a monster zucchini again that was hiding in garden. It was 2ft. long and weighed 7lbs. With a 14-in. circumference. Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I made the tomato jam w/red tomatoes. I've made jam using pear tomatoes before too. My husband made some dill pickles and tried one jar w/ zucchini pickles. The zucchini tasted alright but the cucumber pickles are better in my opinion.