Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Post Thanks / Like

I'm finally moving to NC

Hi everyone,

First of all, I would like to extend my thoughts and prayers to all that have been experiencing personal troubles, whether it be illness, death or just overwhelming things that get to us. I have been popping on and reading posts and would pray for those who have been going through tough times. I apologize for not posting as much as I used to but that didn't mean I wasn't thinking of all of you on CT.

I have been in an emotional state for the last several months. It didn't involve illness or anything so traumatic but things just got to me when I sold my house in five days back in April and finally am now going to closing on Wed. Aug. 26. It has been a roller coaster and not having any family, it was just me, to handle everything (I have friends and my neighbors who are now my extended family, don't even ask about blood family, no longer speak to them) and as the weeks went on, it got worse. I ended up buying the house I fell in love with in NC (and taking a huge monetary chance but it did work out) but did not tell NY lawyer who thinks I lost the house since I was fighting for an earlier closing date here and doing what I could in NC and nothing was going right. Then the last paper needed that the buyers turned in was lost by the bank mortgage guy so that held things up for a couple of weeks. I have packed my entire house myself, except for a couple of things I want the moving company to pack. Since it was short notice for a moving van, I had to pay a little extra for a shuttle (which I knew) but at this point, need to get to the house in NC. It will be adjusted once they weigh the stuff, which is less than I had anticipated. Fortunately, my NC realtor, who has my keys, has been checking the house and I arranged for a landscaper (am in a homeowners assn so I needed to have everything nice more so since I wasn't there).

I had a dumpster in the front of my house for two weeks as I dismantled old furniture (yes, by myself) and dragged it out, it left today. Have been donating so much (still have two piles that will be gone before I leave on Sat).

I will be disconnecting my internet by the end of the week and will be reinstating once I get settled in NC. So, again for the next couple of weeks, I will be out of commission, so to speak but I promise as soon as I get things done, I will be back.

Thinking of all of you and please take care, be safe, stay well.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so happy you found a place you like, I hope you are happy there. Am so sorry you had to go through so much, It is hard selling a house and buying a new one. God Bless and get in touch when you can.

3. Likes LI Roe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning...seems like you are doing what makes you happy and I am sure that you deserve...full speed ahead..good luck...

5. Likes LI Roe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It must've been really hard doing this all by yourself! When you are finally moved in to your new place hopefully you feel satisfied and happy.

7. Likes LI Roe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bless your heart Roe what a huge task for you to have to do alone. I am so happy that your house has sold and you have found one in NC that you really like. I will be praying for everything to go smoothly during your move and that theLord will give you the strength you need both physically and mentally. Thank you for posting I have been wondering about you so now I know and can pray accordingly. Love and hugs Winnie

9. Likes LI Roe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm happy for you. I DO think of you often . . . everytime I pass the house with the flamingos, LOL!

Vaya con Dios, Roe!

11. Likes LI Roe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Roe, it's so good to hear from you! Gosh, sometimes it can be rough to be a single woman, with no family around to help you out. I'm in the same position, my family all live far away from me. You've accomplished a lot and I'm so proud of you!!! It's always nerve-wracking to move, but it's especially difficult and stressful when you move to another state. It sounds like things are finally all falling into place for you. You'll get to settle yourself into your new home without any timelines to have to deal with. I'm so happy for you! This is the beginning of a wonderful chapter in your life!

Hugs,
    Shelley

13. Likes LI Roe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck! Everybody will be here when you get settled. It had to be so hard for by yourself. I can only imagine. We vacation in Holden Beach, North Carolina. We love the state. It is so beautiful.

Hugs,
    Judy

Post Thanks / Like
    Roe, hello! What exciting news...bought a home and sold one too! I pray that you will find peace, joy and contentment and joy in your new home.(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!