Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Terriyaki Profile

Hello,

I am a wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, age 78, husband of 58 + yrs, I love to read, knit, crochet, hairpin lace, golf, hike, play the organ, and travel.
    I started crocheting and knitting at an early age, my mother didn't believe in sitting idle, idle hands are the devil's workshop, she would always say. So many evennings sitting by the radio listening to Inner Sanctum, Dadwood and Red Skelton, etc. I would either sit with my arms out with skanks of yarn she would wind up or else she would teach me how to crochet......very grateful for all of that teachiing today.

I also belong to a Shawl Ministry and do some community volunteering. Now retired , I worked with the VNA, ran the COA , then moved on to managing elderly housing. I retired when my love of my life retired. He was 62 and I was 55. We wanted to travel while we still had our health and $. So we traveled the USA crosscountry by car 4 times, did the 50 states and went to the Islands for our winter vacations when we were working.

Here is my latest project, a Bridal Umbrella for one of my granddaughters whose getting married Fall of 2016. Thought I would get a head start and started it in May, lots of ripping out done, but finally made it to the finish line. It is not ready for use yet, just a preview of how it looks when done, after blocking, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images Terriyaki Profile-img_2178-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. WOW! What a beautiful thing. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome aboard! Nice to meet you and please make yourself at home here among crochet friends! :0)

Wow! Totally awesome!! Thank you for sharing with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! what a nice wedding gift! oh and Welcome to ct