Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Memories of 9-11 that you remember!

Could I start a thread about the memories of 9-11? My birthday happens to be that day, I would love to add these stories to my book of remembrance that I've put together and would love to have a section devoted to this mementous day! it would be great to have my friends on CT be remembered with these stories? The first one will be what Shelley has already shared with us! Thank you Shelley! I hope this is acceptable with the CT administrators.

2. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Donna, I don't think Barbara G. wouldn't allow posts about our memories of 9/11. It's not a controversial topic, although it may be just too sad for some to discuss. It's a huge part of our history, it touched all of us on that very sad day. It was a horrific day that the world will never ever forget. Our own memories are very personal to us.

The 14th anniversary is coming up in only a few weeks. I don't see how anyone could be offended by our stories. We all remember the exact moment, and where we were, when the attacks began. I was riding in my car, driving to work, when the radio announcer said that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. At the time, I just assumed it was a small personal plane. I couldn't wrap my mind around the possibility that it could possibly be anything more.

If I've offended anyone, in any way, from sharing my story on a previous post, I apologize. That was not at all my intent.

Hugs,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Donna, I don't think Barbara G. wouldn't allow posts about our memories of 9/11. It's not a controversial topic, although it may be just too sad for some to discuss. It's a huge part of our history, it touched all of us on that very sad day. It was a horrific day that the world will never ever forget. Our own memories are very personal to us.

The 14th anniversary is coming up in only a few weeks. I don't see how anyone could be offended by our stories. We all remember the exact moment, and where we were, when the attacks began. I was riding in my car, driving to work, when the radio announcer said that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. At the time, I just assumed it was a small personal plane. I couldn't wrap my mind around the possibility that it could possibly be anything more.

If I've offended anyone, in any way, from sharing my story on a previous post, I apologize. That was not at all my intent.

Hugs,
    Shelley
    I haven't received any notice that this thread would be unacceptable. Your post is what caused me to ask for other people's memories. I so enjoyed reading your memories. May i still put your post in my memory book? I have seen 9 people have looked at this thread but did not reply. I guess I'll wait and see what happens. I feel your memories sparked a cord in all of us wanting to remember how we felt about what happened. Your writing is excellent in my humble opinion!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    I haven't received any notice that this thread would be unacceptable. Your post is what caused me to ask for other people's memories. I so enjoyed reading your memories. May i still put your post in my memory book? I have seen 9 people have looked at this thread but did not reply. I guess I'll wait and see what happens. I feel your memories sparked a cord in all of us wanting to remember how we felt about what happened. Your writing is excellent in my humble opinion!
    Yes, Donna, you're welcome to put my post in your memory book.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Yes, Donna, you're welcome to put my post in your memory book.
    Thank you Shelley! I plan on asking my children to also write what they remember. I'm way stoked to get this project going and thanks to you for helping it get started!

Post Thanks / Like
    Donna-
    I don't think what you are trying to do is offensive. What you are asking is not inappropriate. For those that can share their feelings or thoughts of that horrific day, Do so ; least those lost be forgotten and thought of as trivial. I know people who really believe that the Holocaust never happened! Can you believe that. I cried.

Here is my memory of that fateful day on Sept 11, 2001.

I worked at a package delivery service based out of the airport. I got to work at 4:30am. No inkling of what was to happen. It was any other day.
    Unload packages from the first plane, sort them out and load the trucks. We were waiting for the second plane when someone ran in and said "turn the TV on, passanger plane had crashed into the tower." I stood there watching this with 30-40 other people. I started to cry, someone behind me, said 'Oh my god, their jumping." I grabbed my coworker to my left and barried my face in his shirt and sobbed. then as we are watching we got a report from our supervisors. "all flights cancelled. No flights till further notice." Then the plane that hit the pentagon report came on. I called home to ask my boyfriend not to let the kids see this. He couldn't believe it just as I couldn't. I was shaking in fear and anger that someone, would be so callous as to hurt so many civilians and cause such carnage.
    Soon we heard something that I never want to hear again. Fighter jets flying overhead in a formation of 4 jets. in the days that followed, we heard those jets several times a day.
    We finally were sent out to deliver the packages we had and told to keep our thoughts and prayers with those that were lost and those that were injured and all the loved ones left behind with unanswered questions.
    I kept my children home that day from school, in the hopes to shield them somewhat, answer the questions as best as I could before the real world tore their small world apart. The one question I struggled to answer that they kept asking, "why, mama?" I couldn't answer.

I hope this terrible event is never forgotten. By anyone.

Thank you for letting me share.
    Last edited by NanaErnestine; 08-25-2015 at 12:11 AM. Reason: misspellings

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaErnestine View Post
    Donna-
    I don't think what you are trying to do is offensive. What you are asking is not inappropriate. For those that can share their feelings or thoughts of that horrific day, Do so ; least those lost be forgotten and thought of as trivial. I know people who really believe that the Holocaust never happened! Can you believe that. I cried.

Here is my memory of that fateful day on Sept 11, 2001.

I worked at a package delivery service based out of the airport. I got to work at 4:30am. No inkling of what was to happen. It was any other day.
    Unload packages from the first plane, sort them out and load the trucks. We were waiting for the second plane when someone ran in and said "turn the TV on, passanger plane had crashed into the tower." I stood there watching this with 30-40 other people. I started to cry, someone behind me, said 'Oh my god, their jumping." I grabbed my coworker to my left and barried my face in his shirt and sobbed. then as we are watching we got a report from our supervisors. "all flights cancelled. No flights till further notice." Then the plane that hit the pentagon report came on. I called home to ask my boyfriend not to let the kids see this. He couldn't believe it just as I couldn't. I was shaking in fear and anger that someone, would be so callous as to hurt so many civilians and cause such carnage.
    Soon we heard something that I never want to hear again. Fighter jets flying overhead in a formation of 4 jets. in the days that followed, we heard those jets several times a day.
    We finally were sent out to deliver the packages we had and told to keep our thoughts and prayers with those that were lost and those that were injured and all the loved ones left behind with unanswered questions.
    I kept my children home that day from school, in the hopes to shield them somewhat, answer the questions as best as I could before the real world tore their small world apart. The one question I struggled to answer that they kept asking, "why, mama?" I couldn't answer.

I hope this terrible event is never forgotten. By anyone.

Thank you for letting me share.
    Thank you NanaErnestine for your wonderful memories of 9-11 ! It will go into my book if that's ok with you! so grateful to those who are responding to my request!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm from Pittsburgh, PA, but I was living in Troy, AL at the time & I was watching the Today show when I saw them playing the footage of the plane hitting the tower. I remember telling my grandson, who is now 15, that that was a scary movie. He was a toddler but he began to cry. As I comforted him I realized it wasn't a movie!! I felt horrible because the residents were covered with dust & debris & the devistation was so awful to see. 9/11 is also the birthday of my only living brother & he's a Marine. I called him & he told me he'll never be able to celebrate his birthday again because of all the loss of life & peace there that day!! Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts of that day

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by missro007 View Post
    I'm from Pittsburgh, PA, but I was living in Troy, AL at the time & I was watching the Today show when I saw them playing the footage of the plane hitting the tower. I remember telling my grandson, who is now 15, that that was a scary movie. He was a toddler but he began to cry. As I comforted him I realized it wasn't a movie!! I felt horrible because the residents were covered with dust & debris & the devistation was so awful to see. 9/11 is also the birthday of my only living brother & he's a Marine. I called him & he told me he'll never be able to celebrate his birthday again because of all the loss of life & peace there that day!! Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts of that day
    Dear missro007, thank you for your thoughts and memories of 9-11, it might be hard to express our thoughts, but everytime we do and write them down concerning important events they will last to the next generation.

11. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Random Mwemories

The muted roar of the Florida Air National Guard F-16s as they continually patrolled the skies above south Florida and being grateful and feeling safe because they were up there. And closer to the ground the flyovers by the USMC helicopters.

The complete absence of the sounds made by commercial and small private planes while they were grounded.

Drivers on the roads were subdued and not driving in crazy manners as they usually did, and proudly flew American flags on their cars and trucks.

The sickening feeling when I saw people who booed and cursed those American flags on the vehicles.

The shock felt by my sister when she found out that one of the hijackers, Mohammed Atta, had been a regular dinner customer in the Coral Springs restaurant she worked at as a dining hostess.

The fear of people who were hesitant to ever fly again.

. . . . . forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us . . . . .