Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Update on Linda Mtizner'mother!

I heard from Linda and wanted to let you know that her mother is doing fairly well, considering. Her mother is losing her hair some and has the usual fluid loss and stomach problems. There are other good and bad things but it''s going as planned, they're planning on cutting her chemo drugs in half. So things are going ok but I won't go any more into the situation since Lida herself might want to catch us up herself whenever she gets a break.

Linda got 24 varying sizes of squares sized 6x6, 7x7 to 8x8, plus 2 prayer shawls and a chemo cap is coming too. I just want to thank all of you on such short notice in helping with such a generous and needed project. You're all wonderful and may you be blessed for helping in such a time of need for a wonderful family. Love Susan
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 08-23-2015 at 02:23 PM.

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Chemo Caps

I have 4 squares and 1 cap finished. Really wish I knew how large or small Linda's Mom's head is. That would help with
    the cap size. Need to stay in the 21 inch or so head size to be safe I believe.

I'm enjoying every second of making my items. I'm a retired nurse and have taken care of Oncology patients in the past.
    All cared for with kindness and love, there are some who manage to somehow "crawl under or hop over" the 'imaginary wall of
    self defense' we build around us when caring for Oncology patients, but that's the only way we can continue on in this area
    of caring for them, and hopefully, should we ever be the patient our selves, there will be someone who cares deeply for us.

Hope to get my things on their way to Linda early this week

Judy {:0)

4. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by the hook and I View Post
    I have 4 squares and 1 cap finished. Really wish I knew how large or small Linda's Mom's head is. That would help with
    the cap size. Need to stay in the 21 inch or so head size to be safe I believe.

I'm enjoying every second of making my items. I'm a retired nurse and have taken care of Oncology patients in the past.
    All cared for with kindness and love, there are some who manage to somehow "crawl under or hop over" the 'imaginary wall of
    self defense' we build around us when caring for Oncology patients, but that's the only way we can continue on in this area
    of caring for them, and hopefully, should we ever be the patient our selves, there will be someone who cares deeply for us.

Hope to get my things on their way to Linda early this week

Judy {:0)
    Judy, I think staying with the standard 20-22 head size will be good, I'm sorry I didn't think to ask Linda her mother's head size, I'm sure it will be ok. Thx so much for the cap, and the 4 extra squares, every little bit helps! I'm sure you know a lot about this type of thing being retired from that type of work, it had to be difficult but also having rewards in meeting some wonderful people. Thx again, pls put a note inside your pkg giving Linda your Crochet Talk username, that makes it easier for her to thank you! Have a great week and thanks again foo replying to our project. May it be a blessing to all involved!!!

6. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susan Thank you for doing this as Im not surprised. Your a very caring & kind friend. Hope your doing ok if not great xxoo. Linda has a tough & strong Mom. She will be so pleased with all you do for her. Im unable to hook sice 8/04/15 to 9/15/15. Ty

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Susan Thank you for doing this as Im not surprised. Your a very caring & kind friend. Hope your doing ok if not great xxoo. Linda has a tough & strong Mom. She will be so pleased with all you do for her. Im unable to hook sice 8/04/15 to 9/15/15. Ty

Susan2014
    Thank you Susan2014, it's not me. My part was easy and I enjoyed it - it's the good Lord joining a bunch of friends together to use our craft to help a dear friend, it's a blessing for all of us. I hope your problem will soon be better so you can hook again soon, we have enough promised pieces coming so not to worry that you couldn't help. We'll hit you up next time around..... haha..... love SSS