Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Need help with a crochet stitch

Have a pattern I am wanting to do. Calls for a linked double crochet. Never have done it before. And the way the pattern is written has made it confusing for me. Does anyone know where I can get a look at how it is done? Nothing on it in any of my books. And believe me when I say that I have a lot of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Stephens View Post
    Have a pattern I am wanting to do. Calls for a linked double crochet. Never have done it before. And the way the pattern is written has made it confusing for me. Does anyone know where I can get a look at how it is done? Nothing on it in any of my books. And believe me when I say that I have a lot of them.
    Linked Double Crochet Stitch (LDC) - moogly

I find that many crochet pattern writers leave out important steps. For instance, in your pattern the writer could have made a special note and explained a linked double crochet.

If this one is difficult to follow, then google "crochet linked double crochet" - minus the quotation marks. Lots of links to check out. It's really quite easy, you're merely linking double crochets together - it makes a more dense fabric.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

3. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Stephens View Post
    There is a video on YouTube that shows you how to do that. I just learned it myself a couple of weeks ago It's called an LDC stitch.

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post