Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Granny Squares you can Eat!

These are from One Sheepish Girl's blog. She doesn't tell how to bake the cookies but, instead, shows how to decorate them.

So either bake some square cookies or go out and buy some and put your decorating skills to use having some fun! A plate of these beauties would be fun to give to a crocheting friend! Or a coffee klatch or tea with a crochet group at your local yarn shop!

Granny Squares you can Eat!-granny-square-cookies-jpg

And here's the link to Sheepish Girls website ... One Sheepish Girl | Granny Square Cookies from Sugar and Meringue

2. Thanks Susan2014, Sweet Sue thanked for this post
    Likes karenlatlas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too cute...

Post Thanks / Like
    Poinciana Thank you for this Link. saved a lot as Im still unable to hook yet--cast still on. TY Susan2014

5. Likes Poinciana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Poinciana Thank you for this Link. saved a lot as Im still unable to hook yet--cast still on. TY Susan2014
    You're welcome, Susan. I think the decorating would be pretty on a cake, too!

I'm quite familiar with that cast business . . . it's amazing how limited one gets without the use of one hand. Can't crochet, can't shampoo hair, can't do a lot of things we take for granted. I couldn't drive my car 'cause it's a foreign sports car with a five-speed stick transmission and I couldn't shift with the cast on my wrist. Good grief, I was incapacitated for a good 2 and 1/2 months! It was a serious break . . . the bones in my hand and wrist were totally detached from my arm bones. All pinned together and a cumbersome cast from the elbow to the tips of my fingers. I was fortunate to have a steady helper and supporter in my awesome hubby! His culinary skills were limited to opening cans of chili and soup, LOL! So we had a lot of takeout meals and seldom went out for meals because I was always at a loss at getting comfortable enough to sit in a restaurant without a pillow to rest my arm on. It was a learning experience and eye-opener for me. But I survived and you will, too, Susan.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi There, Sorry 2 weeks gone by & seeing a Very Needed message. I know others have situation dealing with Bigger ordeals then my wrist BUT ? I feel alone & helpless. Been doing dishes 1 handed & meals are poorly made. Hubby does'nt eat much and should so I do a lot of clever soups, sandwiches from on-line. House work after 8 weeks are rough yet, tiring. I laugh about it as in you stubborn old gal ask son for help (harder to listen to crap I hear so dont) Hubby had car accident last Thursday, car window , mirror & doorpushed in. He was ok but X 91 yrs & blind in 1 eye he's a handful. I feel like the Grouch? Hahah which I am but in a loving voice. Venting--sorry. Tell Im a loner even with 2 men in house. I hope the Best for your arm/wrist. WOW 2 1/2 months CONGRATS!! on that & Loving hubby. Take Care.

Prayers - Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Hi There, Sorry 2 weeks gone by & seeing a Very Needed message. I know others have situation dealing with Bigger ordeals then my wrist BUT ? I feel alone & helpless. Been doing dishes 1 handed & meals are poorly made. Hubby does'nt eat much and should so I do a lot of clever soups, sandwiches from on-line. House work after 8 weeks are rough yet, tiring. I laugh about it as in you stubborn old gal ask son for help (harder to listen to crap I hear so dont) Hubby had car accident last Thursday, car window , mirror & doorpushed in. He was ok but X 91 yrs & blind in 1 eye he's a handful. I feel like the Grouch? Hahah which I am but in a loving voice. Venting--sorry. Tell Im a loner even with 2 men in house. I hope the Best for your arm/wrist. WOW 2 1/2 months CONGRATS!! on that & Loving hubby. Take Care.

Prayers - Susan2014
    I guess I can't complain about my small insignificant sprain! Having major breaks with your wrist! that must be really hard! As the saying goes: you can always find someone with worse problems than you have so be grateful for your trials! We wouldn't trade with anyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Phoenicians, love the cookies! Yum! Too cute to eat!