Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gran

Post Thanks / Like

Gran

Hello and thanks for the invite to join in with the discussion group. I live in Victoria, B.C. Canada and have enjoyed crocheting for years. I crochet mostly baby blankets or afgahans and donate to charities over the year. I live in a townhouse and we have a rec centre and I am in charge of planning all the activities that take place over the year with volunteers within our complex. We gather foods for hampers at Christmas and a member suggested that maybe we could have a hamper for babies as well this year, clothing as well as food or baby items. Now I am starting early and also wanting to use up lots and lots of balls of wool from other projects (I always buy too much just in case). Thought I would like to try some new patterns so I was looking on the internet and just found your site, any suggestions are welcome. I am not skilled on the computer so here goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gran...welcome to the forum!..sounds like you are a very busy lady..

Post Thanks / Like
    Gran,

Welcome to the group! It is great to have you here! Here is a link to the main thread within the forums which we have several threads about using up yarn. You will see them at the top of the thread:

Main

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gran! And welcome to the forum! Sound like you stay very busy! I too have a lot of leftover yarn! I make little things for children-dolls, toys, and games with it! I haven't bought yarn, except for special projects, in a long time! In fact, people give me their leftover yarn! Glad you decided to join us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maryjane: Wow, thanks to everyone who has welcomed me to your form. Also thanks for the idea of making some baby toys with the scraps, will be great for our hampers. Gran

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gran. It s nice to meet you -- I am Larisa. I live in Europe and make doilies. Have a good day