Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Hi...I'm new here

Hi. I'm new here. Just joined moments ago and I'm hoping I'm doing this right. I'm a native NYer. I learned to crochet (from a book... boy, do new crocheters have it easier today, with all the info and videos on the internet!) many years ago. Then life got crazy and I didn't crochet anything for years. Got the urge about... it must be almost ten years ago now, and I haven't stopped since. Mostly I make rectangles... scarves, shawls, shrugs, afghans, potholders (I love basic crocheted cotton potholders... yeah, and I'm a pushover for "seasonal" dish towels, too, lol) with an occasional foray into other shapes. Right now I'm making a bath mat, which confuses my husband no end. "Why spend all that time on something you're going to step on when you come out of the shower?" Simplest answer? Because it gives me pleasure. I love seeing a "piece of string" become a useful item. It's so practical and so magical.

So, that's me. Hi, everyone!
    Phee
    Last edited by Phee; 08-11-2015 at 06:42 AM. Reason: autocorrect!

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Glad you joined us and hope to see you often here in the forums! It is a wonderful place with excellent crochet friends!

We would love to see some of your work sometime!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Phee, Welcome!