Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Any ideas for donations?

I havent been on the website for a while. Working on the yard for most of the past three - four months. Living in Nanaimo, Van. Island, CDA. We have been in a drought since May. So have been hand watering flowers, bushes, etc. We are on waterfront acreage with own well, and we feel need to conserve as much as we can. Looks like we will lose at least three of our 8-10 ft Cedars, but they may come back. We are getting some rain today, but not much. At least there are no fires nearby.

I have no children and no family in B.C. but I would like to make stuff to donate as I do have lots of time on my hands (my husband and I took early retirement). Would anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of hats, mitts, scarfs, (kids). I would appreciate some help. thanks and have a good day everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning...nice to meet you...I hope you have a very intrresting day

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

There are many places which can accept hats for donations. Crocheting hats can provide newborns with hats to go home from the hospital. Chemo patients can use hats and they may have specifics on the type of yarn to use. There is chat here in the forums on chemo hats. If you would like to take a look at them, then use the search box in the upper right hand corner and search "Chemo."

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! Sorry about your cedars. I love trees and feel sad when any of ours go. I just wanted to say that men and women in need would be glad for hats and scarves. Parents put their children first and forget themselves. Just a thought! My town appreciates afghans donated. Slippers come to mind also. Happy Stitching! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a link for a wheelchair wrap created by Susan Coes.

It's a blessing and ideal for those in wheelchairs because it gives them the coverage they need and won't get caught in the wheels. It's more than adequate and doesn't bunch up on them. Depending on color used, men in wheelchairs like them, too. The nursing homes around here really welcome and appreciate them!

Cozy's Corner: Wheelchair Wrap

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in northern California. Our property is forested and a lot of the trees are dying. It is very sad. I have let most of the plants be "on their own". We have always planted drought tolerant plants but they are dying too. I am hand watering some but feel guilty using water for plants when so many people are without. About the donations. Rest homes use a lot of lap robes. You can make hats for babies, socks and gloves for the homeless. Good luck with your projects. Just thought of this thing I saw that would hang from walkers for people to carry their needs while using the walker. I modified it and made one for my husbands chair (for tv guide, remote, etc.)
    Last edited by Su O; 08-10-2015 at 09:08 AM.