Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hi

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Hi,

This is my first post on a crochet forum. I'm an intermediate crocheter who would like to learn more on the subject. I'm also an avid knitter and all round crafter. I'm looking forward to discussing/chatting with like-minded people about any subject they are interested in.

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doileis. Do you have a cat? I have 7 birds
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like

thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doileis. Do you have a cat? I have 7 birds
    I have 2 cats, 5 dogs, 1 rabbit, 1 guinea-pig and a parrot, lol! I'm an avid animal lover, rescuing any injured souls. I love to knit and enjoy crocheting, especially baby/toddler garments. How about you? Dollies are so pretty and very challenging xx

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! so many animals. What s color of your cats? I am bird lover. Now I work on bedspread and stopped working on doilies until I have mood to crochet them. Peter ordered me cross-stitch stand. It s not ready yet. I want to do some embroidery and net embroidery. I learn netting but my nets are not good. It will come with experience.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Cats: Flossy-teabag is tortoise-shell coloured, Matilda is black and white.
    Dogs: I have two Scotty dogs (black), one West Highland White terrier, a white and tan Jack Russell and a Turkish Anatolian Shepard dog. The rabbit is brown and the guinea-pig ginger, white and black.

I love knitting and crocheting baby blankets/shawls too, I also enjoy cross stitch but I've never come across net embroidery. That sound interesting and challenging. love making paracord bracelets, card making (although I've gone off that), drawing, sewing raggedy anne dolls (American style), reading paranormal romance novels and machine knitting.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are crafetr. I knit jackuard vest for years LOL... I love phantasy books and good literature too. I cannot draw at all but rechart filet paterns. Machine knitting sounds great. I do not have machine but my two hands. It s too hot here and no rain.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    You are crafetr. I knit jackuard vest for years LOL... I love phantasy books and good literature too. I cannot draw at all but rechart filet paterns. Machine knitting sounds great. I do not have machine but my two hands. It s too hot here and no rain.
    Fairisle and jacquard are the only patterns that I cannot master in both hand and machine knitting, lol! Machine knitting requires a lot of attention that's why I prefer hand knitting, plus I love crafting to a deadline as I find it more challenging. I also lucky in that I live where the weather is interchangeable and we don't have too much hot weather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fairisle! Yes! I love jacquard things! I work full time and do not have time for my crafts during working week. That s why no dead lines. Yesterday I found something new. It s biscornu. I want to try one of these. I only wait for my embroidery stand.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    What is biscornu? It sounds interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    It s nice little thing like this one Biscornu « Save the Stitches!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן