Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Important message to help out one of our own in a time of need

Hi everyone, I wanted to speak with you for a minute about our dear friend Linda Mitzner. Linda is a very nice lady who loves crochet, lives on her family farm and works very hard on it with other family members, has a beautiful flower garden that she often shares lovely pics of with us in the Morning Coffee Or Tea post, just had a tornado pass by her home area recently, is currently caregiving for her mother after her mother's surgery and cancer diagnosis with chemotherapy in the near future... and I feel, and know you agree, that she needs some love and help from her friends right now!

Linda wanted to make her mother something to keep her warm during chemo treatment, but I know she has little time for anything else right now, much less a new crochet project. A chemo cap and a throw or poncho would be wonderful right now. So I thought we could join together for Linda and make some 6" X 6" squares to send her that she can join as she sees fit depending on how many she receives, to make something warm and full of love for her mother. I know some of you have a square exchange group, and some of you make chemo caps full time for donating - so it seems we're well prepared for this special gift!

I propose that anyone who would like to help can make one or more some squares if you wish of your own design choice in the same 6X6 size, preferably in pastel colors that her mother likes... in Linda's words when I asked her about favorite colors, "pastel pink and brown, pastel blue and brown, pastel colors in general. Just no orange or black.".

This is something we could accomplish fairly easily in a reasonably short time frame. I think that any colors you may have will be fine, I just thought that if you have the colors listed then you would at least know what she likes. A chemo cap or two would be wonderful too, to have one to wear when another is being laundered, or just for a change of outfit. I thought someone might have one already made, or be good at whipping one out pretty fast since you're used to making them on a regular basis.

Both of these items would be the ideal gift of friendship for Linda and her family during this difficult time, and show her how much we care. The postage for something this lightweight should be low, and with all of us combining our gifts we'd have enough for Linda's mother to be comfy and warm. At least joining pre-made squares would be do-able for Linda right now with her being so busy. I HAVE LINDA'S ADDRESS FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO PARTICIPATE. SEND ME A PM TO GET HER ADDRESS AND LET ME KNOW HOW MANY YOU'RE SENDING SO I CAN LET EVERYONE KNOW WHEN SHE HAS ENOUGH TO WORK WITH. We also don't want to bombard her with too many caps, altho any will be great! This is a gift of love for our dear friend, and I know how wonderful all of you are, dear and caring people, who keep up with each others lives. so I feel it's ok to bring this idea forth to you. Thank you to any of you who can help, and I know everyone won't be able to help, and that's fine, life is busy and difficult for a lot of us. Just private message me with what you plan to send Linda and I'll give you her address and keep a total of everything. Susan N.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 07-20-2015 at 02:49 PM.

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susan,

For those interested are they to mail the squares to you? If so, let us know and those interested can private message you for your address.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Susan,

For those interested are they to mail the squares to you? If so, let us know and those interested can private message you for your address.

No Barb, I put in the message that they could send them to Linda and that if they want to participate, they could pm me to get her address, might as well send them straight to her for her faster receipt of them. Probably my message was too long and you didn't see that part, I'll put it in caps. thx!

5. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan,
    Is it just pastel blue, pastel pink and pastel brown? What about pastel green?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Susan,
    Is it just pastel blue, pastel pink and pastel brown? What about pastel green?
    Yes, pastel green is ok, all pastels are good, she said they're better than anything else. Thx for asking, I know my post about it is long but it does explain everything. I'll pm you her address since it sounds like you're going to try to help.

Jean, correction: the state is KS.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 07-21-2015 at 10:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    No Barb, I put in the message that they could send them to Linda and that if they want to participate, they could pm me to get her address, might as well send them straight to her for her faster receipt of them. Probably my message was too long and you didn't see that part, I'll put it in caps. thx!
    Sorry about that! I was extremely tired last night and thought I read through the whole message. Thanks for the clarification.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Sorry about that! I was extremely tired last night and thought I read through the whole message. Thanks for the clarification.
    Crocheters and knitters stay permanently tired I think, have a nice day!

Post Thanks / Like
    I sent her some squares yesterday. Thanks for the idea

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie Ann View Post
    I sent her some squares yesterday. Thanks for the idea
    That's great, thx Susie-Ann! Would you mind telling me how many you sent in a p.m. so that when she lets me know she has enough, I can tell the group we can stop sending?!