Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Fond memories relived.

Made a new belt using a hook I had never seen before. I went to visit my grandma the one who taught me to crochet and knit. While I was there I pulled out my crocheting.and started working on my 2 in squares for my pac-man throw( Ive posted about before.) Every one giggled as said I had turned in to grandma. (Who can't work her needles and hooks anymore).grandma got a huge smile on her face and jumped up and grabbed my hand and took me in to craft room that I spent many hours in as a child. She dug around a bit and pulled out a double sided hook. I had dent ever seen it before. She said she got it after I stopped crocheting with her years ago what I moved away from the home town. She gave it to me I told her I had no idea how to use one. (Knowing I could easily look it up on my phone.) She grinned and pulled out another one and said I think I have enough use in these old hands for one more lesson. We sat down as we did years ago across from one another and I mirrored her as I once did long ago. (She's left handed I am not.) I absolutely loved sitting down with my teacher and having her show me one last lesson.
    Attached Images Attached Images Fond memories relived.-20150719_171952-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice and it is wonderful to have such nice memories

I live in Euless Texas between Dallas and Fi t Worth
    Post Thanks / Like

Db needle lesson

What a great story. I am ,82 and even though my daughter can crochet, she hasn't in years. My grand daughter is not interested as would rather go.mudding in her truck. Anyway I love your story and . Do have a step grand daughter that loves to crochet and one of my step grandson, who I adore, married a wonderful girl who is interested in all things handcrafted. So at least some younger people are following us in making things. Your story warmed my heart.. Hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    What a lovely story and such nice memories to have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love, love, love this story. It takes me back 75 years or so to my childhood. I was brought up by my paternal grandparents after my mother died in childbirth. She worked a nine to five job, did all her own cooking, sewing, knitting and crocheting and was active in several organization. An amazing lady!
    She taught me to use the sewing machine, read patterns, knit, and crochet. My fondest memories are of when we sat together and worked on projects.
    Now I have reverted to crocheting and quilting as pastimes but have no one to teach; two sons, two grandsons. Have step-granddaughters too far away to work with even if they were interested. Do wish I could find some young person to mentor. You are so lucky to have your young students. Shelah

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful story and memories. Thanks for sharing. Betty Lynn

Post Thanks / Like
    Your beautiful story brought tears to my eyes and brought back memories of my dear Aunt Helen who taught me to crochet. Thank you!

Char