Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

what is your favorite crocheted bag to use while crocheting?

I'm trying to find a really excellent bag to purchase for use while I crochet my projects. Anyone have one that they love?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it's called the plastic bag from the checkout counter . . .LOL!

3. Likes missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Find It Supply Caddy Purple by Office Depot & OfficeMax

I found this one at office max, does anyone use something similar? Does it work for you?

5. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Yeah, it's called the plastic bag from the checkout counter . . .LOL!
    You are so fun! I'm sure that's the cheapest one to use!

7. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

my favorite bag for crochet supplies.

what is your favorite crocheted bag to use while crocheting?-dsc06919-jpgwhat is your favorite crocheted bag to use while crocheting?-dsc06921-jpgwhat is your favorite crocheted bag to use while crocheting?-dsc06922-jpgwhat is your favorite crocheted bag to use while crocheting?-dsc06923-jpgwhat is your favorite crocheted bag to use while crocheting?-dsc06924-jpgI have one from Hobby Lobby from their closeout counter. I think I posted it a while back if I can find it I will re-post it. It has snaps so you can make the top opening smaller or larger and a pocket on the outside.There are several pockets on the inside for pens , crochet hooks, etc and a zipper pocket all the way across the inside on one side of the bag for patterns or a crochet magazine. And there is 2 pockets on the front of that zippered pocket with velcro inside one of them. Eleven long up and down narrow tubes for pens or crochet hooks. A strip of elastic looped to hold maybe thimbles or whatever you might put in them.
    When the bag is unsnapped it opens up very wide and will hold probably 4 or 6 different skeins of yarn depending on whether you buy the jumbo size or the regular size pkgs of yarn. I have room for a plastic jug to sit in one part of it so I can put my ball of yarn in it and the yarn that I am currently using pulls out easily and I don;t have to go chasing it from where it would roll across the floor!I don't really have to use the jug unless I want to because your yarn will pull from the skein easily enough.
    I really love it. It was on sale marked down from 39.99 (I think) to 29.99. I can hardly read the tag in my pictures. It was the only one they had on the marked down shelf. I have seen them on the regular shelf now too. If you look closely you can see the snaps on each end of the top of the bag and the middle of each side where the handles attach there is a snap so the bag snaps shut like an overnight bag. Of course that only works when your bag is not full of yarn!

The top pic: The bag is with the snaps closed.
    the 2nd pic: shows part of the 11 long narrow pockets and the pockets on the long zippered area .
    the 3rd pic: those long narrow pockets go all the way to the bottom of the bag (the green goes to the bottom and the black and white strip is another set of 11 short ones in front of the green pockets)That makes 22 pockets! I didn't know that until now!
    the 4th pic: shows better the long zippered place that would hold a magazine or paper patterns, etc.
    the 5th pic: shows the one pocket on the outside (none on the other side)
    Last edited by redhead; 07-19-2015 at 08:29 AM.

9. Likes missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Redhead! thanks for posting your bag! I will check with Hobby Lobby for sure! it looks marvelous and I think this will be the one I will buy if they still have them! thanks so much!!! Well, I looked on line at Hobby Lobby and couldn't find this exact bag. I might just have to go to the store and see if they have it somewhere on the shelves! thanks for the idea redhead!
    Last edited by DonnaPBradshaw; 07-19-2015 at 12:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Donna,
    I have some yarn in tote bags and some in drawers. My crochet hooks are in another bag meant for crochet and knitting hooks and a place for yarn, etc. I also have a couple plastic canvas holders that you put a pair of scissors in and I put needles through the yarn on the back of the plastic canvas scissors holder. I also have a few paper clips that I put on there if I need a hook for yarn.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like

My Ugly Basket :)

This is my ugly basket that I use to hold my yarn while I'm crocheting. Yes, it's green and has big plastic beads on it. It's an old vintage handbag from the 1960s, I think. It's very sturdy and has a plastic lining. It will hold 4-5 skeins of yarn standing on their ends. It sits on the floor in front of me when I'm crocheting.

You could always use a cute magazine basket shaped like my ugly one. LOL

Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images what is your favorite crocheted bag to use while crocheting?-img_0215-jpg 

13. Likes missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Crochet drum from Amazon. For. $20.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley, love your bag! I'm getting some really good ideas out there! Thanks for responding!