Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: crocheting time

Post Thanks / Like

crocheting time

I usually crochet every night. Some nights I don't crochet and now having a job I'll probably be too tired to crochet on some nights. Do you crochet every night? or put a label on your square or put your squares together? Anotherwords Do you do some type of craft every night?
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations,Jean Marie! I didn't know you had gotten a job! Hope it will be a good situation for you. As to crafting time- I try to do some crochet every day. After dinner is a convenient time for me. But I also seem to get some done during what I call my work breaks during the day. I have found that just a row or two a few times a day can get more completed than you would think. Also do a little while waiting for water to boil,food simmering,etc while preparing dinner. Again, Good Luck at your job! imalefty 😉

Post Thanks / Like

Cool crocheting time

Congrats on the new job!
    I crochet almost everyday. Have to I so many projects to do and complete. I bring my crochet bag to work and when I have a few free minutes of down time (no customers) I pull it out and work on an item. Some nights when flights are canceled I can finish an item.
    I crochet for an hour or so when I get home from work and I always bring my bag where ever I go, because you never know when you'll get 5 minutes to crochet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Imalefty and NanaErnestine! I'm working as a dishwasher and there's not much time for a break. I can go to the break room (which I did yesterday(my 1st day- I was trained). The restaurant is on the 5th floor and the break room is in the basement. I can eat in between working in the kitchen.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure your love of crochet will help you find the time somehow. Maybe after you get into a routine with job and home chores. Hope your husband is coming along well with his recovery! Take care-one day at a time! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Imalefty!

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jean Marie;171437]I usually crochet every night. Some nights I don't crochet and now having a job I'll probably be too tired to crochet on some nights. Do you crochet every night? or put a label on your square or put your squares together? Anotherwords Do you do some type of craft every night?
    Jean Marie[/QUOTE

I understand that people need or want to work, so I'm glad you got a job, which are hard to find these days. When I worked I always would down with cross stitch or some needlepoint, or whatever the present crafts were, but I've been home disabled officially since '97. I'll probably never get used to being home all the time but thank god for my crochet. I crochet as much every day as I possibly can, but always stop to clean, cook, etc, to keep it from piling up and to move around instead of sitting for too long. I hope you find time for it thru the week or at last on weekends. I hope the job goes well, it does sound rather physical!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on your new job, Jean Marie! Dishwashing in a restaurant is hard work, lots of bending and lifting. I'm happy for you, I know you've been looking for a job for a while now.

How is your hubby's recovery going from his sinus surgery? I hope he's doing well and healing nicely. Poor guy. I feel for him.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SusansSoulShines;171487]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    I usually crochet every night. Some nights I don't crochet and now having a job I'll probably be too tired to crochet on some nights. Do you crochet every night? or put a label on your square or put your squares together? Anotherwords Do you do some type of craft every night?
    Jean Marie[/QUOTE

I understand that people need or want to work, so I'm glad you got a job, which are hard to find these days. When I worked I always would down with cross stitch or some needlepoint, or whatever the present crafts were, but I've been home disabled officially since '97. I'll probably never get used to being home all the time but thank god for my crochet. I crochet as much every day as I possibly can, but always stop to clean, cook, etc, to keep it from piling up and to move around instead of sitting for too long. I hope you find time for it thru the week or at last on weekends. I hope the job goes well, it does sound rather physical!
    Hi Susan,
    I know what you mean when you say sometimes when you crochet you can sit too long. I've done that. I've sat on the couch crocheting until I have to get up and go to the bathroom and even then I don't want to get up. I would sit so long that my butt hurts.

Yes, I needed to get a job because my husband's health was declining. It's been a week since his sinus surgery. Hopefully his health will get better since having surgery.

Thanks. I hope the job goes well too. Yes, the job is being on your feet, standing doing dishes and walking putting them away and trying to keep up with the dishes and sweeping and mopping and cleaning the counter before leaving at night. I'm working 2 days and 2 nights at a bistro restaurant.

10. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    crocheting time-01-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Jean Marie
    Just about every day! I just last night was putting a 2nd bed spread together for my grand sons and on the last square I came up short one hole! I will have to take that square off and either find where the mistake is or just crochet another one in it's place. I hate that when I am putting something together and the holes don't match up. By then I have usually already hid the ends of yarn and can't find where to pull it out. I end up cutting the yarn if I cant pull the ends out! I can take this square out tho because I am crocheting the whole spread together with some chain stitches so I can see those easy enough to take it out. Probably will just add another square which I have already made. , love, Patty

PS I am making 4 bed spreads for the GKs. 3 will be twin size and the 4th is full size. I have the full size done and almost done on a twin size.
    Last edited by redhead; 07-16-2015 at 07:05 AM.