Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Rodney Posey Cap Vintage Christening cap

I am trying to make this cap but the directions seem to be missing some pages. Has anyone ever tried this pattern? Rodney Posey Cap  Vintage Christening cap-image-jpg has anyone made this cap?

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Peggyal,

I did a search through some of the places that have vintage patterns but didn't find one for your project.

It's frustrating to have an incomplete pattern.

Wishing you luck in finding the complete pattern for your baby cap!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan2014 here. I dont do such elegant crocheting like this Gorgeous Cap. Her's a Link I got from Googling??

https://www.google.com/#q=christenin...crochet+thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggyal View Post
    Thank you.
    I see that the bonnet pattern is being sold on eBay for $7.99. Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-anti...-/390045361707

Post Thanks / Like

Yes

It's kind of funny because it's the same page you can find for free at several sites. All the sites I think just copy from each other. Evidently no one has read the directions to find out they are missing pages. I am modifying the pattern to have no scalloped edges. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggyal View Post
    It's kind of funny because it's the same page you can find for free at several sites. All the sites I think just copy from each other. Evidently no one has read the directions to find out they are missing pages. I am modifying the pattern to have no scalloped edges. Thank you.
    Hi Peggyal,
    I was checking on a pattern this morning and it had a link to this Antique Pattern Library site for all kinds of catalogs. I understand that the pattern you are looking for is for sale, but maybe you can find something here.
    Antique Pattern Library Catalog

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear, this is a complete pattern. You have graph for the center of the cap and the second graph to be attached to the center according to the instruction (at the end).
    Here is the link: http://www.heirloomcrochet.com/croch...reepattern.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    In the highlighted Row 2 it refers in the instructions to see page 3. That page is missing. It explains how to do the scalloped edge add on to the row. I have modified the pattern and I am working with a straight edge. Thank you very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are right! I missed this part paying attention only to the graphs... The scalloped can be done up to your like... Sorry! Hugs, Ada.