Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Greetings from Arizona!

Greetings fellow crochet lovers! My name is LuAnn and I live in Glendale, Arizona. My husband, Merle, and I will celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary on September 13th. We have two sons, Steven - 36 years old, and Danny - 33 years old. Danny married his lovely wife, Melissa in October 2013. I work full time for a local elementary school district and Merle is now retired. He has pulmonary fibrosis and is on oxygen 24/7 so we can't venture far from home anymore. No more trips to the Caribbean (my favorite place in the whole world!). I hadn't crocheted in many, many years but picked up my hooks (actually I had to buy new ones!) several years ago because I felt the need to keep my hands busy. I have crocheted several lapghans for veterans, baby hats for preemie and new babies. Last month I ventured into the world of cotton yarn and have been crocheting dishcloths like crazy. I don't know what to do with all of them, but they keep me busy during the steaming hot summer months in Arizona. I have also crocheted a handbag for a friend for Christmas and am working on a cape for another friend. I am always online and on the lookout for new simple patterns. I am excited to join crochet talk!

LuAnn aka karibkitty

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to Crochet Talk! Nice to have you here on site with us! Please make yourself right at home here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you're here!!! It's fun to get back into a former hobby! I love crocheting and crochet daily. I hope you share your work with us. We love pictures. Once again, Welcome! Betty Lynn

6. Thanks karibkitty thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Betty Lynn. I'm sure enjoying creating little goodies for people. It also helps keep my arthritis from getting the better of me. Gotta keep those fingers moving! LuAnn

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi LuAnn,
    Welcome to crochet talk! There is crochet squares exchange if you want to join. Tell Barbara if interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds like fun. I'm not great at squares --- but I'm getting better. I will let Barbara know. Still learning how to navigate around this site. Thanks Jean Marie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Barbara and thanks for the welcome. Jean Marie mentioned a crochet square exchange. Is it possible for me to participate? LuAnn