Greetings fellow crochet lovers! My name is LuAnn and I live in Glendale, Arizona. My husband, Merle, and I will celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary on September 13th. We have two sons, Steven - 36 years old, and Danny - 33 years old. Danny married his lovely wife, Melissa in October 2013. I work full time for a local elementary school district and Merle is now retired. He has pulmonary fibrosis and is on oxygen 24/7 so we can't venture far from home anymore. No more trips to the Caribbean (my favorite place in the whole world!). I hadn't crocheted in many, many years but picked up my hooks (actually I had to buy new ones!) several years ago because I felt the need to keep my hands busy. I have crocheted several lapghans for veterans, baby hats for preemie and new babies. Last month I ventured into the world of cotton yarn and have been crocheting dishcloths like crazy. I don't know what to do with all of them, but they keep me busy during the steaming hot summer months in Arizona. I have also crocheted a handbag for a friend for Christmas and am working on a cape for another friend. I am always online and on the lookout for new simple patterns. I am excited to join crochet talk!

LuAnn aka karibkitty