Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone do punch embroidery?

Hi,
    I got a punch embroidery from a garage sale and ended up getting another punch needle from the store and some thread. My problem is that sometimes it will punch and other times it won't. The thread kept coming out of the needle when I didn't want it to. Maybe the material I got at the store will work better than the one I got w/the kit at the garage sale.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I made some punch embroidery. I think material should be thick enough... or thread should be like cotton and do not slide
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi kl1000,
    I know how to thread the punch embroidery needle now but when I use the needle to punch in the material on the embroidery hoop (I know that the material is supposed to be drum tight in the embroidery hoop). Sometimes the stitches will stay and other times they won't. They say to hold the needle like a pencil. Am I supposed to hold the needle straight up and down? or slightly at an angle like you would hold a pencil? What am I doing wrong? or not doing? It doesn't work for me.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi kl1000,
    I know how to thread the punch embroidery needle now but when I use the needle to punch in the material on the embroidery hoop (I know that the material is supposed to be drum tight in the embroidery hoop). Sometimes the stitches will stay and other times they won't. They say to hold the needle like a pencil. Am I supposed to hold the needle straight up and down? or slightly at an angle like you would hold a pencil? What am I doing wrong? or not doing? It doesn't work for me.
    Jean Marie
    punch embroidery - Bing Videos

this might help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Su_______________