Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Crocheted bedspread for grandson finally finished!

Finally I finished the crocheted bedspread for one of my grandsons. It is made with the camoflage yarn.I hope I can get it to post. Crocheted bedspread for grandson finally finished!-dsc06936-jpg
    I don't know what happened but the blurred one is still on here...I tried to delete it but it didn't go away. Sorry. It is for a twin size bed and I think it will hang over to the floor on the twin bed. (This is a double bed)I am so glad this is done!!!! I didn't have a pattern and I had it almost together and ran out of a color of yarn that I can't buy anymore so I ripped it all out down to just blocks and got some other yarn and finally figured out to put it together in a pattern using two different blocks. It is 6 blocks wide and 7 blocks long. You can see the darker green if you look close and that is what I ran out of. So I finished it with a lighter green border on the others.. I have a problem now with putting pics on because my computer wouldn't let me do it until I said ALLOW to my Mozilla Firefox program. Love ya, Patty/redhead
    Attached Images Attached Images Crocheted bedspread for grandson finally finished!-dsc06937-jpg 

2. Thanks Nova55, dancingbaehr thanked for this post
    Likes justplainjudy, missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very impressive! Love colors... Hugs! Ada.

4. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a great work
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

6. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice. You must have put a lot of hard work into it.

8. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful, he will love it I'm sure, love the color choices.

10. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You did a very good combination of colors - it takes an experienced crocheter to do it... Congratulations! Hugs! Ada.

12. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Patty, you did a really great job on this! Your grandson will love it, I'm sure. I love this style of afghan.

It reminds me of an afghan that I've been wanting to make, for myself. Only I was thinking of making the large squares using all different colors of variegated yarn, with a black background. Something I'm thinking about making....

Shelley

14. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Never saw camo yarn look so good! There's lots of love in all those stitches! Super crocheting,he will love it!

16. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Your bedspread is very pretty

18. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for the nice compliments. Yes, acquamarine, It was kinda hard , specially after I come out wrong on the number of spaces between groups of stitches so many times and had to rip, rip, rip it out! As I said too that I ran out of the green yarn I was using on the border and couldn't match it. So I had to rip it all out down to the main squares on about 20 of them. I got pretty sick of seeing that project and now I have promised to make one for the other 2 boys in comouflage...just use the colors in a different way around the borders. Anyway I sewed a tag on his saying "made with love for (his name) by Grandma Mundell." I will do that on each one so they can tell whose is whose.
    Then there's the granddaughter but her's is going to be purple and pink. Same pattern ..different colors.
    Misschexan and AdaBushBee, as for the color scheme that is never hard for me. The hardest thing is matching yarn with the colors in the variegated yarn as usually there is at least 3 colors in the variegated yarn, sometimes more. Usually I have a problem finding enough yarn in my stash to make enough blocks and that is what happened with the one I just finished.
    Pixieglitter, I hope you do make your afghan... Go ahead and do it and post it when it is done. I would love to see it. The pattern I used is not hard at all. instead of plain old granny squares I did the whole thing in the box stitch. That makes it not have so many holes in it.
    Here's how I did the block:
    To begin,
    I love the magic circle so that is what I started with but you can use the chain 4 and join to form a circle.

In the circle;
    make 4 sets of 3 DC, with chain 2 between each SET of 4 DC's (NOT BETWEEN EACH DC), chain 3 for the last corner and join. Now you can go to You tube and learn the box stitch or maybe I can find the pattern for box stitch and post it for you.
    All it really is, is a row of CH 3 loops and the next row is a row of 3 DC's over each CH 3. I made this whole bedspread with the box stitch. It really goes pretty fast once you learn the stitch. I also crocheted each block together into rows and then crocheted the rows together. I did it with CH 3 from one space to the next space in the back sides of 2 blocks right sides together into each space between the sets of 3DCs. So you want the same number of spaces across each side of the blocks. Here is where I ripped so much to correct anything like goofing up causing the spaces not to match up.
    I will look for the block stitch pattern for you. Now that I have you thoroughly confused!!!
    Pm me if you want and give me your phone number and I will give you mine and we can talk and I can get you started. Love, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 07-06-2015 at 11:18 AM.

20. Likes missro007 liked this post