Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie needing advise/help

Good day everyone. I am in need of guidance, thankful for any help. I am working on a coffee table runner and have run into a section of the pattern I am a bit confused on. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.
    * (1dc in next dc, ch1 space, dc, ch1 space & dc)

Post Thanks / Like
    Without a picture and more of the instructions, I am only guessing that it means to dc in the next 5 stitches (dc, ch1, dc, ch1, dc). Does that make sense? Does it look like it will work? If you have a link to the pattern, that would help also.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lnurse30 View Post
    Good day everyone. I am in need of guidance, thankful for any help. I am working on a coffee table runner and have run into a section of the pattern I am a bit confused on. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.
    * (1dc in next dc, ch1 space, dc, ch1 space & dc)
    Hi! Sapphire's help sounds right to me too. You might be confused by the part that implies dc into the 'ch 1 space' , but you just first dc into the next dc, then dc into the next stitch which is actually not a stitch but the 'ch 1 space' that was made in the previous row, and so on until you get to the end of the parenthesis. The asterisk before the parenthesis means to repeat from there (in the parenthesis) to wherever the other asterisk is, either across the entire row or up to a specified point. Make sense? Bev is asking for a link to the pattern if it's a free one because no one is allowed to post patterns on groups, the designers prefer that you link back to their site so that people will go there to look at the pattern. It's better for their business!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the word "space" is causing the confusion. It seems superfluous! Just ch 1 and go on.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thank everyone for their responses. I ended up finding a contact for the person who had done the pattern and got confirmation from that person on how it is to be done. Basically you are doing 5 double crochets over the dc, space 1, dc, space 1 etc....

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad the problem is solved! Please post a picture when you're finished.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I will. I am self taught and new to this so hopefully it turns out nice