Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Round Star Point Baby Blanket in Rainbow Colors

I just finished this 12-point star baby blanket. I think it turned out nice. ~Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images Round Star Point Baby Blanket in Rainbow Colors-img_0175-jpg Round Star Point Baby Blanket in Rainbow Colors-img_0184-jpg Round Star Point Baby Blanket in Rainbow Colors-img_0185-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Very beautiful!! I have yet to do this complicated afghan! Someone is going to be very lucky!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    Very beautiful!! I have yet to do this complicated afghan! Someone is going to be very lucky!
    It's an easy pattern, Donna, it just looks complicated. The pattern was written by our very own Doris Ann on CT. It's well-written and very easy to follow. This is my second blanket using it. The first one turned out to be HUGE! I made it to drape over my full size bed.

Here's a link to the pattern.

Ideal Delusions: Basic Round Ripple Afghan Pattern

And here's a photo of the first one I made, the big one, using the same pattern. I posted photos right after I finished it, but you may not have seen it. ~ Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images Round Star Point Baby Blanket in Rainbow Colors-11018127_10204099470669309_7900869389476868673_n-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley, that is a beautiful blanket. I love your color combination. These really are easy to make and I have done several in the past to use up scraps. They always turn out nice and make an unusual baby gift.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    It's an easy pattern, Donna, it just looks complicated. The pattern was written by our very own Doris Ann on CT. It's well-written and very easy to follow. This is my second blanket using it. The first one turned out to be HUGE! I made it to drape over my full size bed.

Here's a link to the pattern.

Ideal Delusions: Basic Round Ripple Afghan Pattern

And here's a photo of the first one I made, the big one, using the same pattern. I posted photos right after I finished it, but you may not have seen it. ~ Shelley
    Oh Shelley! you really think I could make this? I'll look at the link and see for myself, you are so kind to encourage me to do this! My faith is not what it should be for a beautiful project as this!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    I just finished this 12-point star baby blanket. I think it turned out nice. ~Shelley
    Another winner PixieGlitter and I just happen to have need for a turquoise afghan. What colors did you use.
    Sharing is Caring. For Free Crochet Patterns Visit me at:
    http://idealdelusions.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Doris Ann, I used your pattern for my afghan.

The colors I used were aqua, purple, white and a variegated purple/white/lime green/aqua that coordinated nicely. I can't remember all the different brands of yarn I used. It was a mish-mash of different types, I just used what I had on hand.

Thank you for the wonderful pattern! It's a big favorite of mine.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. My niece's little girl loves turquoise and I want to do one for her. I have Red Hearts super saver in Turqua 0512, BonBon Print 0784 and shocking pink 0718. It will be bright if nothing else. But it is coming along slow cause i have so many other things going now and it is too hot here to have a large item on your lap. I love Red Hearts Super Saver for kids items. It can take a lot of wear and tear and still come out of the washer looking new. And it gets softer ever time it is washed. Your projects always grab my attention. Just love your color choices. You know some of my best afghans are stash busters. Nice to talk to you again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisAnn View Post
    Thanks for the info. My niece's little girl loves turquoise and I want to do one for her. I have Red Hearts super saver in Turqua 0512, BonBon Print 0784 and shocking pink 0718. It will be bright if nothing else. But it is coming along slow cause i have so many other things going now and it is too hot here to have a large item on your lap. I love Red Hearts Super Saver for kids items. It can take a lot of wear and tear and still come out of the washer looking new. And it gets softer ever time it is washed. Your projects always grab my attention. Just love your color choices. You know some of my best afghans are stash busters. Nice to talk to you again.
    Thanks for the compliment, Doris Ann. I always enjoy seeing your projects, too.

I know all about living in hot weather! I live in Alabama. Right now, I'm visiting my family in South Carolina for a few days and the high today is only 79 degrees, which is a treat for us LOL. I'm working on an afghan for my mom out of 12 inch squares. Each square has a 6 petal flower in the center using a colorful variegated yarn. I'm happy with the way it's turning out.

Good info on the RH SS Kids yarn. I'd like to make each of my 2 nephews a big afghan. They're 9 and 12 and love to wrap up in a blanket.

Shelley

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you seen the Spiderman afghan on the Stitch N Frog ?

[URL="http://stitchnfrog.blogspot.com/2009/07/superhero-dream-catcher-afghan.html"]

It is amazing. I use my own RR pattern but I use her color sequence. The "guys" all love it.

I live in NC now but I am bred and born north of the Mason Dixon line however I would would rather a dozen of these extra hot summers than one of their sub-zero winters. My mama didn't raise no fools.

Do you have a plan for how you are going to join your squares ? I would love to see it when finished.